• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Woo!

- ETX-10P (Powered 10" full range with dsp)

- ETX-12P (Powered 12" full range with dsp)

- ETX-15P (Powered 15" full range with dsp)

- ETX-35P (Powered 2x15" full range with dsp)

- ETX-15SP (Powered 15" sub with dsp)

- ETX-18SP (Powered 18" sub with dsp)

ETX_Family_01.jpg

• Members

That is why I'm staying, looking and still be interested in the brand that I use over here, which is www.elderaudio.com, no 1000, 1200, 1500, 2000 or future x000 watts, just rms power, Mine says at their backs 300+100 watts, and I'm feel they are able to produce what they say,

Looking also for the MU215A, 2 15" and a 3" that delivers 800 watts, look at them over the site

• CMS Author

Dookietwo wrote:

Are these new EV speakers like the last ones they put out?  A single power amp with a passive crossover between woofer and tweeter inside. I see no mention of X watts to horn. Y watts to woofer....

Dookietwo

Which are you thinking are single-amped? There's another discussion in another thread, been in too many this week to remember which, but the gist is that the ZLX don't really mention it, but are biamped.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

What you DON'T want to do is use the dealer's time and expertise to try out a bunch of speakers, then go out and buy them cheaper on the internet. That's just low class.

---------------------------------

True enough. I have 2 main stores that I mainly use. I'm a 3 hour drive from the city. I have 2 personal friends at one, and know salesmen at the other.

I make a list of what I need, then I call them and they get it together for me. Some things I'll use their advice (drum throne? I had no idea the differences) same with other items as well. My lighting, I bought my blizzards and first pair of spot duos from the USA (I'm in Canada)

Shortly after I seen a demo spot duo appear in their store. I wanted another pair, so I waited until they had them in stock and bought it from them. Same with other lights. I like to try them out, and compare. I compared the 2 fixtures (Jellydome vs Hemisphere 5.1) and I bought the one I preferred.

Same with my Smoke machine and Hazer. The smoke machine died about 2 hours into its maiden flight, (thr element)so I was able to return it and exchange for a new one. There was going to be a bit of grief, they wanted to repair it for me, but my guy went to bat and said "listen Rob is a great customer who spends A LOT of money here. There's no way he's not getting a brand new one straight across"

It's to the point now where I don't have to make a deposit to order stuff over the phone, the other place is good to me as well. I bought my StudioLive from them and extra warranty. If it goes down they give you a loaner while its out being fixed. I could have saved $300 online. But most of that would have been eaten by brokerage, shipping. THEN if it goes down you have to ship it back and wait how long until you get it back.

I'm a busy guy. If something goes down I have a backup that will get me thru the night, and it's off to the city for a replacement. (Hasn' happened often)

Yes, I do buy some things online, mainly things I can't get here. Relationships are what it's all about. I'd never demo speakers and then buy them online, that's pretty underhanded wasting their time like that.

But that's just me.

• Members

I've been faithful to my music store / dealer(s) for 15+ years. In return, they let me borrow / try out almost anything before I buy and often enough they let me try out new speakers and review them as long as I mention the store in my video. The few times I actually needed something serviced, it was either done right on the spot or within a few days - almost always free of charge. Like any relationship, it needs to be receprical to work. I am never worried about any gear purcahses at this store, because I know I will be well taken care of should service be needed. This, to me is worth much more than the few bucks I might save online.

Al

Archived