A Real S#!77y Deal

Dixie 10-8

• Members

ok *crack...ahhhh* a round of beers for everyone and maybe pass around a peace pipe.I can't believe this thread is still going:lol:

There's always something new happening.

Now, the last person to get screwed by IS, after giving him more than enough time to rectify the situation, has posted his experience in the "Good Traders" thread...it's quite a read. Check it out. :thu:

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

bad trader?? STFU, I've probably done more trades than most people here, I got into trouble that's not lie, but I have made it right with everyone so far,

so shove your opinion up your ass

btw, tobacco, sweet grass and sage are part of our religious ceremonies, if you don't like it then when they pass the plate at your christian church hand them your guitar..

end of story..

funny even with this thread, I continue to make great trades with people.

so this thread is pointless

Who are these people you've been making trades with? How come they haven't come forward in this thread? Also, if you were able to mail stuff off to them then why not to Gegg&H or the other people you flaked on? Sorry but after reading this thread I fail to believe a single word that comes out of your mouth.

• Members

I'm a little bit curious about another loose-end to the whole story . . .

For those of you who have made good deals with lndianScout, did your guitars reek of the ceremonial tobacco stuff?

The Ace I received from him (the one also promised to Gegg&H) did indeed reek. Like a house-filling reek. The case did air out fairly well in the basement, though, and the local guy I traded it to didn't mind. I'd've been nervous trading that one over the web, though, as I'd have to explain the reek....

• Members

That was one of the most epic threads I've ever read, possibly even better than gordon freeman..

As far as the good traders thing goes, I think they should have a '3 strikes and you're out for good' policy. It doesn't really matter at this point if IS has made good trades, he's made enough very dodgey ones for anyone to be extremely wary of dealing with him.

Considering the amount of good traders on this forum who are 100% reliable, and courteous and good at contacting you etc. even if things don't quite go to plan, there's no room for people who take the attitude that they can do what they like and then try to claim the moral high ground.

This business of pulling out of deals halfway through, listing items that you've not got in your possession etc. is just not on. If you've agreed a sale then you should view it as a contract. End of story.

• Members

....As far as the good traders thing goes, I think they should have a '3 strikes and you're out for good' policy......

Can't do it. It's impractical, probably impossible and possibly illegal.

All the good traders list does is provide simple feedback based on people's experiences, it is in no way a list that prevents transactions with people just like it doesn't mean that someone with 40 positive feedbacks isn't going to mess something up...it's a simple guide to use to report issues or great deals (thankfully more of those than the latter). It's a tool, not a punitive measure or a governing action.

And just a side note here about IS. I've been speaking to him through PM's and he's been exceptionally gracious and humble about the outcome. He is obviously not happy (seems sad to be honest), but I think that's to be expected. I can't speak for him or anyone else here, but I think that near the end he really did try to get things fixed and you can take that for what it is worth. It was probably just a matter of too little too late, but he did put out the effort.

I'm not excusing what happened because I don't know every detail, but I know that this has taken a lot out of him and he's been pretty much outcast from this place by a large number. I do think that being put on the bad traders list is more than appropriate and I think that it should be the end of the issue...basically the attacks and fighting (especially anything that can be construed as racist or anything).

I'm no mod, I'm not anyone's parent, but it's not productive or even slightly useful; if anything it made the whole ordeal a lot harder to deal with for the people involved.

Put him on your ignore list, put something in your signature, but I really would hope that we don't have an outburst of trolls going off topic by flaming him in every single thread...I know from past experiences here that it will get you banned and it's not worth it.

• Members

Can't do it. It's impractical, probably impossible and possibly illegal.

All the good traders list does is provide simple feedback based on people's experiences, it is in no way a list that prevents transactions with people just like it doesn't mean that someone with 40 positive feedbacks isn't going to mess something up...it's a simple guide to use to report issues or great deals (thankfully more of those than the latter). It's a tool, not a punitive measure or a governing action.

And just a side note here about IS. I've been speaking to him through PM's and he's been exceptionally gracious and humble about the outcome. He is obviously not happy (seems sad to be honest), but I think that's to be expected. I can't speak for him or anyone else here, but I think that near the end he really did try to get things fixed and you can take that for what it is worth. It was probably just a matter of too little too late, but he did put out the effort.

I'm not excusing what happened because I don't know every detail, but I know that this has taken a lot out of him and he's been pretty much outcast from this place by a large number. I do think that being put on the bad traders list is more than appropriate and I think that it should be the end of the issue...basically the attacks and fighting (especially anything that can be construed as racist or anything).

I'm no mod, I'm not anyone's parent, but it's not productive or even slightly useful; if anything it made the whole ordeal a lot harder to deal with for the people involved.

Put him on your ignore list, put something in your signature, but I really would hope that we don't have an outburst of trolls going off topic by flaming him in every single thread...I know from past experiences here that it will get you banned and it's not worth it.

After reading some of your posts on the matter Im thinking your either one of the bigger apologists Ive seen or this guy is coning you now and your way too forgiving.It probably is impractical to boot anyone off the list, but you seem like if you could you wouldnt.You said "He is obviously not happy (seems sad to be honest), but I think that's to be expected" Have you read most of his posts? He sure didnt come off like it.I mean come on, that whole giving a kid a guitar thing screamed of political PR spinning :lol:.That last stunt was what angered me ,thats for sure. You can call some of the people trolls, but most were just angry.If he didnt want to be attacked he didnt need to be as obtuse as he was.Cry all you want about people flaming, but this guy was just asking for the {censored}. Hell, it wasnt as bad as it could have been , it was kind of tame really."It was probably just a matter of too little too lateMore like he got caught and had to do something.He and some others said stuff like "I dnt know why all these people keep posting on here, its none of there business bla bla bla" Not true at all. Its the whole reason you have a good/sort of not good thread ,because it should be out in the open.In your thread it should be formal, but for the rest of HC, if your asking for it your going to get it.

• Members

He hasn't pulled anything over on me, so don't worry about that.

I'd say that everyone that's been directly involved with this has been in contact with eachother at some point and that we are all pretty much at the same point in understanding (I could be wrong). Not everyone is happy and I suppose a few loose ends are still hanging, but what's done is done and everyone else's involvement in this is probably not really needed.

I'm not sticking up for him here; I'm just trying to put this to bed and keep it from :deadhorse: over into everywhere else on this forum. Some people love drama, some people need a cause, some people just want to come here and talk about guitars and music without it becoming a fight all the time. :poke:

• Members

I would say at this point it's done. His name is on the bad trader list, many people know that they wouldn't want to trade with him, and that's it.

As much as I think his punishment should have been banning from HC, it's not going to work that way. With that, it's time to let it go. Whatever is left that he owes people is up to them to collect and him to pay out. They know what he owes them and if they want it now, they can pursue it. If he doesn't pay up, then they can obviously let us know and we can go to work again to see if he will make good.

Until such a time, we should leave him alone. If you feel the need, throw "DO NOT TRADE WITH INDIANSCOUT" in your signature in bold red so anywhere you post, you can warn people. Otherwise, I would say please don't turn the boards into any more of a {censored}fest by following IS around and posting in every trade thread or post that he makes with insults and ridicule. It has to end at some point, and I really feel we have reached that point.

• Members

After reading some of your posts on the matter Im thinking your either one of the bigger apologists Ive seen or this guy is coning you now and your way too forgiving.It probably is impractical to boot anyone off the list, but you seem like if you could you wouldnt.You said "
He is obviously not happy (seems sad to be honest), but I think that's to be expected
" Have you read most of his posts? He sure didnt come off like it.I mean come on, that whole giving a kid a guitar thing screamed of political PR spinning
:lol:
.That last stunt was what angered me ,thats for sure. You can call some of the people trolls, but most were just angry.If he didnt want to be attacked he didnt need to be as obtuse as he was.Cry all you want about people flaming, but this guy was just asking for the {censored}. Hell, it wasnt as bad as it could have been , it was kind of tame really."
It was probably just a matter of too little too late
More like he got caught and had to do something.He and some others said stuff like "I dnt know why all these people keep posting on here, its none of there business bla bla bla" Not true at all. Its the whole reason you have a good/sort of not good thread ,because it should be out in the open.In your thread it should be formal, but for the rest of HC, if your asking for it your going to get it.

I was at work earlier so I only had a moment to post, but I wanted to make sure that what I was trying to say was understood.

I am not telling anybody what to do; I just want to make sure that this doesn't turn into another iansmitchell type of {censored}fest for the mods to deal with. For those who don't know the deal, he got banned for saying something racist (even though I think that he was just too stupid to realize it was) and then he kept coming back and trolling big time.

But the worst part was that I think that some new members got banned in an effort to thwart this jackass. It got so bad that some of the more respected members starting trying to police the forum and it just turned the place into a frickin mess to the point that nothing productive or useful or even friendly was being discussed. It was so bad that I believe that 4 or 5 really good members just said screw it and left.

Needless to say that the only way it was cleared up was with some pretty liberal use of the ban hammer and the bulk of the damage was on the people that were trying to help. Yeah, it pissed off a lot of us because it seemed unfair from our POV.

We've got some really good mods who don't micromanage the hell out of us here, but that doesn't mean that they won't crack down on anyone and everyone in order to maintain some semblence of order.

I just don't see the point in losing some good members over something that has been beaten into the ground already.

So yes, I am trying to diffuse this a bit in the best interest of the forum.

Take it for what you want.

• Members
I was at work earlier so I only had a moment to post, but I wanted to make sure that what I was trying to say was understood.

I am not telling anybody what to do; I just want to make sure that this doesn't turn into another iansmitchell type of {censored}fest for the mods to deal with. For those who don't know the deal, he got banned for saying something racist (even though I think that he was just too stupid to realize it was) and then he kept coming back and trolling big time.

But the worst part was that I think that some new members got banned in an effort to thwart this jackass. It got so bad that some of the more respected members starting trying to police the forum and it just turned the place into a frickin mess to the point that nothing productive or useful or even friendly was being discussed. It was so bad that I believe that 4 or 5 really good members just said screw it and left.

Needless to say that the only way it was cleared up was with some pretty liberal use of the ban hammer and the bulk of the damage was on the people that were trying to help. Yeah, it pissed off a lot of us because it seemed unfair from our POV.

We've got some really good mods who don't micromanage the hell out of us here, but that doesn't mean that they won't crack down on anyone and everyone in order to maintain some semblence of order.

I just don't see the point in losing some good members over something that has been beaten into the ground already.

So yes, I am trying to diffuse this a bit in the best interest of the forum.

Take it for what you want.

Fair enough, and I agree.I just read you post on the traders list from 2 days ago and see why you had to handle things th way you did.

• Members
I would say at this point it's done. His name is on the bad trader list, many people know that they wouldn't want to trade with him, and that's it.

As much as I think his punishment should have been banning from HC, it's not going to work that way. With that, it's time to let it go. Whatever is left that he owes people is up to them to collect and him to pay out. They know what he owes them and if they want it now, they can pursue it. If he doesn't pay up, then they can obviously let us know and we can go to work again to see if he will make good.

Until such a time, we should leave him alone. If you feel the need, throw "DO NOT TRADE WITH INDIANSCOUT" in your signature in bold red so anywhere you post, you can warn people. Otherwise, I would say please don't turn the boards into any more of a {censored}fest by following IS around and posting in every trade thread or post that he makes with insults and ridicule. It has to end at some point, and I really feel we have reached that point.

I coudln't agree more. :thu:

Archived