Fight Time-Line 6 is Satan

dZjupp

• Members

i use a vetta for recording in my apartment and it is perfect. all the amps and effects i need and it fit in a small corner and snounds great. i used it live for a while but it just ended up being way more than i needed. line6 used to actually use the name of the actual amps on their products. it would say "Mesa boogie Triple Rectifier" after a pending lawsuit they had to change it, now it says "california triple plate" or someting like that. it is funny that they have gotten away with it while gibson sues PRS.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by VicShat

i use a vetta for recording in my apartment and it is perfect. all the amps and effects i need and it fit in a small corner and snounds great. i used it live for a while but it just ended up being way more than i needed. line6 used to actually use the name of the actual amps on their products. it would say "Mesa boogie Triple Rectifier" after a pending lawsuit they had to change it, now it says "california triple plate" or someting like that. it is funny that they have gotten away with it while gibson sues PRS.

yeah i agree, do you know how many people sued them? anyway, i have always thought about getting a hd147 head to record with, in that respect, line 6, and whoever else is very convenient, but ultimately i would choose to record an album with mics and amps. word

• Members

Originally posted by VicShat

for delay or looping? i can understand the argument that it is a better delay (although i dont agree that it is), but it is no contest as far as which is a better looper. the dd-20 pretty much sucks as a looper.

I imagine because this would decrease sales of Boss's looper

• Members
Originally posted by dZjupp

yeah i agree, do you know how many people sued them? anyway, i have always thought about getting a hd147 head to record with, in that respect, line 6, and whoever else is very convenient, but ultimately i would choose to record an album with mics and amps. word

for sure, but for the poor college student in a small apartment, real amps and mics are not a reality. the vetta also has mic models, which are sweet.:)

• Members

i love the DL-4, way more fun than the DD-20.

I want an echo pro, but they are too expensive these days.

I'm gonna get a PODxt live for school/rehearsals.

I'm interested in their reverb pedal, although I wish there was an RV-4 or something 'stead of a tonecore style.

Don't like the looks of the tonecore series, but admire the functionalitiy.

I like their ability to stay creative, rather than rehashing the past all the time.

Alex

• Members

I owned a Variax (lot of fun, especially the look on people's face when you switch to banjo) and a played several of their amps.

If I still played in a cover band I would likely own one of their amps. The only sound I haven't heard them do reasonably is 'warm'. The feel is just a little off. Unfortunately that is my fav sound, so I mostly play my Mesa F-50.

If you need multiple tones, I highly recommend the Randall RM stuff.

I was interested to read that supposedly there was a disagreement over at Line6, and some felt they should add tubes to their stuff, and others didn;t, so there was a split and DamageControl was formed.

• Members
Originally posted by Dave Fox

Line 6 satan? I dont think so... just wait until the boys at Behringer start with their Tonecore knock-offs...it's inevitable.
:D

yeah, but we'll let those germans get away with murder, look at Volkswagen!

• Members
Originally posted by desertlimosine

The DL4 is an inspiration, and the little things that people list as faults, i have come to embrace. It's my favorite pedal of all time, and can do so much more than what people think it can do.

Best Looper Ever!
:)

+1

now go download that new minus the bear album. :mad:

i feel guilty downloading their stuff but i'm buying the album anyway.

• Members

Line 6 kicks ass! I have gear from all the big name mass produced guys. Looking at my gear that I currently have the rundown is as follows:

Boss: 3 pedals
Ibanez: 4 pedals
Digitech: 2 pedals
Danelectro: 4 pedals
Line 6: 2 pedals
MXR: 1 pedal
Electro Harmonix: 1 pedal
Snarling Dogs: 1 pedal
Korg DT10 tuner pedal
KR Trem: 1 pedal ("boutique")

So I have about 20 pedals right now, only one is boutique, none have been modded and almost none are true bypass. I am not going to say that I am a badass guitarist, I have played in many working bands so I have a bit of experience but I am also a proud bedroom jamming, gear junkie. I can take my Digitech and Line 6 pedals and cheap strat and $100 epiphone amp and get a TONE that would kick the crap out of alot of rigs that cost 20 times as much. These people that badmouth gear because it is mass produced or digitally modeled for the most part probably don't know how to get a good sound out of it. If Jimi was alive today he would probably be a Line 6 endorser or Digitech..........

• Members

Originally posted by HMCMedic

Line 6 kicks ass! I have gear from all the big name mass produced guys. Looking at my gear that I currently have the rundown is as follows:

Boss: 3 pedals

Ibanez: 4 pedals

Digitech: 2 pedals

Danelectro: 4 pedals

Line 6: 2 pedals

MXR: 1 pedal

Electro Harmonix: 1 pedal

Snarling Dogs: 1 pedal

Korg DT10 tuner pedal

KR Trem: 1 pedal ("boutique")

So I have about 20 pedals right now, only one is boutique, none have been modded and almost none are true bypass. I am not going to say that I am a badass guitarist, I have played in many working bands so I have a bit of experience but I am also a proud bedroom jamming, gear junkie. I can take my Digitech and Line 6 pedals and cheap strat and $100 epiphone amp and get a TONE that would kick the crap out of alot of rigs that cost 20 times as much. These people that badmouth gear because it is mass produced or digitally modeled for the most part probably don't know how to get a good sound out of it. If Jimi was alive today he would probably be a Line 6 endorser or Digitech..........

this aligns with the line 6 myth perfectly "buy our mass poduced products and get the best tone of your life orgasmotron flavoring butterguitar"

• Members

i dont know about hendrix endorsing line6 or anything like that - but you bet your sweet ass he would use a Pod in a studio without hesitation and make everyone in the guitar playing world wonder how in the hell he got that awesome tone/effect for that song -

and he probably would not sit on a forum arguing about how useful it was (after it just made him a few million $$)

dont get me wrong guys, i love to talk gear/music as much as anyone, so no offense meant.

i just think that it is hard for anyone to say thier gear is crap or useless unless they have not heard someone do good things with it. there have been threads in the past titled "guess the amp" here at HC. there were alot of responses guessing different "cool" tube amps, and in the end the poster told everyone it was a Pod.

so i say, if you want to take the time you can find cool uses out of them, and great recorded sounds. if not, dont worry about it. i dont think anyone is convinced that the best sound a Pod can produce will replace thier favorite tube amp, i know it wont replace mine. but it will have a million other uses and get used nearly as much

:)

• Members

i just hope line 6 comes out with the human moddeler robot, that way, we as forumites can sit here and talk about them sucking and blame the playing on the DAMN LINE 6 ROBOTS, and not have to get time away from the boards where most of our pathetics retarded lives spend their time mispelling words and having kaniption fits over "analog v. digital" v. tubes v. radioheadv. etc etc.

line 6 human modelers, i'll take mama cass please.

• Members

The people who actually record and make money love Line6. Some of the most inventive and best technical minds work there.
Their products have pushed the envelope with great regularity.

I guess they need to up their game though to the bed room warrior/poser crowd. But I guess you can't please everybody:rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by MoreGuitars

The people who actually record and make money love Line6. Some of the most inventive and best technical minds work there.

Their products have pushed the envelope with great regularity.

I guess they need to up their game though to the bed room warrior/poser crowd. But I guess you can't please everybody:rolleyes:

that was awfully douchey of you.

you'll fit in perfectly here.

Archived