Fight Time-Line 6 is Satan

dZjupp

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I must admit to being tempted by the new Liqui Flange and Roto bitch that they are bringing out with the TC series but I have never been a fan of the Line 6 aesthetic or vibe generally ... I'm not convinced and not really a fan at all. If these new TC pedals don't live up to my expectations they are staying off the Xmas card list at the Tikirocker house for a few years ... until they ammend their ways.

Rock on Boss. :cool:

• Members

Line 6 is hit and miss. I mostly like them because they are in stereo, and since I have two amps, this is a must. Anyone who doesn't use the stereo outputs of their effect pedals is missing out on a LOT. I never understood that about the boss RC 20XL or the Digitech jamman, why no stereo? Get a DD-5 and plug both outputs into 2 seperate amps and just sit back and drool.

The Delay Modeler seems to be the defacto pedal to have these days, almost every guitarist i've seen has one. I think this is causing a backlash. The analog delay is worth the price alone, it's the fullest juiciest delay for a digital box i've ever heard. The looper is limited, but easy to use.

The MM4 has about 2 or 3 useful effects (tremolo, pitch vibrato, u-vibe) the rest are crap. The filter modeler is HORRIBLE, considering i'm a synth guy, compared to a real synth it blows, even a digital synth.

It almost seems as though the tonecore pedals are making up for their shortcomings in some of their pedals, or by removing little used effects and condensing them. I will probably get the liqua flange cause it sounds cool and it's stereo (and the MM4 flangers suck).
:D

Archived