Fight Time-Line 6 is Satan

dZjupp

• Members

i'm so sick of line 6 coming out with their CRAP products that promise an orgasm of revelation in tone, when they are just tiny comuter chips created by some guy named bud that has a mullet and drives a camaro with a ted nugent sticker. Next year they will probably start modeling their own modelers, i can just see it, "New amp Bx-2" modeled after the famous modeler AX-2 that was so famous. Line 6, you are like a bad case of gonnerhea:mad:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

after using the PODXT, a DL4 for over 5 years, and now the ToneCore Tremolo, I can't say Line 6 has ever let me down.

I know some people have been let down, but i have yet to experience one of their item's full failure.

i can't imagine playing my set without my DL4 now - it's convenient, it sounds great and people ask me all the time how i get the sounds i get from my live rig.

some of their stuff, yes, i can see why people think it's cheesy and dumb - so don't buy it. I doubt i'd ever give up a tube amp for one of their modeling amps, but when it comes to effects - sorry - i think Line 6 is doing something right.
I'll continue to support them.

so SUCK ON THAT - ZUPP!!!!

• Members

Here's my experience with line 6 products so far:

Day 1: "Wow this looks and sounds pretty awesome.

Day 2: "What the {censored} is that hissing noise? well, at least the effect is pretty cool"

Day 3: "Um, i think i liked my older boss pedal that did the same thing a little better."

Day 4: "Why does my whole rig sound like {censored}?"

Day 5: Post office clerk: "Would you like a tracking number for that?"

• Members

I used the mm4 on my bands demo tracks and it sounds great in stereo. But when playing live each preset has a different volume.

They have good points and they have bad points. I think you can't go wrong with a POD for an all in one solution.

• Members

As a whole, as a company, I blame Line 6 for commonplace digital effects in amps. It was cool for about a minute.
Regarding effects, I love the stompbox modeller stuff. I have the FM4 and it's fun, but not very musical. I'm swapping it off my board for the MM4 I just bought off Rob Eadgbe. I had the Space Chorus and I didn't like it much at all, so I think I'll avoid the Tonecore stuff.

• Members

I love line 6 stuff. The DL4 is an inspiration, and the little things that people list as faults, i have come to embrace. It's my favorite pedal of all time, and can do so much more than what people think it can do. I feel to many people buy pedals, and after a week dismiss them. Instead of working with them, and seeing where they really shine.

Best Looper Ever!:)

• Members
Originally posted by desertlimosine

I love line 6 stuff. The DL4 is an inspiration, and the little things that people list as faults, i have come to embrace. It's my favorite pedal of all time, and can do so much more than what people think it can do. I feel to many people buy pedals, and after a week dismiss them. Instead of working with them, and seeing where they really shine.

Best Looper Ever!
:)

*wipes tear from eye*

i love you.

• Members
Originally posted by desertlimosine

Best Looper Ever!
:)

DD20 is cooler. :p

• Members

I think the Uber Metal is a great product (although I'm not that keen on the construction quality).

See - my rig is all boutique analog, my guitars are all tweaked out and my amps are kickass Dr.Z tone machines...

...However, I was born in '72, and learned guitar in the '80s and '90s, so sometimes I have a craving for wild-ass crunch-shred-gain. I really don't care to own an amp that can do that, I wouldn't use it enough to justify the cost. The Uber Metal is like crack for closet shredders who just have to get it out of their system every once in a while.

• Members

I love gear - doesn't matter what it is even if it's a pony little 10 watt solid state fender amp with distortion thats controlled by a swtich on the front or a whammy that's not calibrated properly.

Obviously some I like much better than others.

I had the chance to play a line 6 spider 100 watt amp i think it was - jamming with some friends and I liked the sounds off it including the distortion and some of the other effects on it.

I've also played about with a variaxe of some sort and I LOVED that.

I don't know precisely what these bits of kit are trying to emulate and I haven't tried all the expensive {censored} out there the sound from which it's copying but they're good?

• Members
Originally posted by EvilSoup

DD20 is cooler.
:p

for delay or looping? i can understand the argument that it is a better delay (although i dont agree that it is), but it is no contest as far as which is a better looper. the dd-20 pretty much sucks as a looper.

• Members

Originally posted by dZjupp

so the delays and 'some' of the tonecore can stay, but the rest of their junk needs to be pushed off a cliff like the guy in "man on Fire"

what gear of theirs have you ever actually sat down with and played for more than 2 minutes? i dont mean to sound confrontational, i really am curious. i think most people who dont like line 6 are just close minded and stuck in old ways.

• Members

Originally posted by delorean

seriously????

i took mine apart -- that thing is engineered and built like a {censored}ing TANK.

That's good to know - I haven't taken mine apart! I was just going by the "wobbly" feeling of the potentiometers and the tiny mode switches. I'm used to the feel of those nice Alpha pots, ya know.

• Members

Originally posted by VicShat

what gear of theirs have you ever actually sat down with and played for more than 2 minutes? i dont mean to sound confrontational, i really am curious. i think most people who dont like line 6 are just close minded and stuck in old ways.

well i must admit i'm a dd-20 junkie and i agree the looper on its suck azz. i have played most of the pedals, the delay LIKE I SAID was ok and i'm just a boss delay man, and i've played a few of the amps, look, the biggest thing i don't like is how they rip off everyone's creation (zvex comes to mind) and they capitalize, they come here to HC and take over the ads they've taken over almost every store. and then reputable companies like PRS get sued by gibson for a non-knock off, it just irritates me. i always steered clear of something all digital like line 6 because although i'm not rough on gear i just came to the conclusion that it would nbe better to use other stuff, but its great in some stories here that you all have had success stories with them, plus i wanted a nasty fight where peoples emotions got glamorized all on the account of music gear, i admit, its intriguing to read, and funny....

Archived