GAS that died...

zhivago

• Members

...just thinking about gear that I GASed for for ages and for whatever reason (usualy trying one out) the GAS is now dead.

I'll start:

70s Fender Telecaster Deluxe

60s Gibson ES330

what I'm basicaly saying...sometimes seeing the guitar or whatever on the net is way sweeter than actualy trying it out in real life ;)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tons of stuff. :D

Which is why I usually put a time period on gas.

I think everyone remembers how badly I was wanting a Dr. Z KT45. Well I still do in one sense, but on the other hand I bought that 66 Bassman head and I just resigned myself not to have it because I just don't need that many amplifiers and I don't properly use the ones I have. Even my guitar gas..I want a semi hollow guitar and a G&L ASAT, but with a Tele, a jazzmaster, and an SG, it's not like I can't say I don't have enough guitars. At some point I start feeling bad about it.

Plus I'm into guitar playing, recording, keys, and so there's lots of other stuff I should be sinking money into.

Although the wife always says "spend it while you can" since the kid's coming in April. :D

• Members
Originally posted by zhivago

I'll add a Rickenbacker to the list...just cannot get on with the neck...amazing sounds though.

if andy bell could play one with those amazon fingers he's got you should have no problem either :p

it's one of those guitars that you have to get used to... once you do you'll likely never let it go.

honestly i've yet to find a better pairing for a jazzmaster... they'll be my duo for life :)

oh and my gas that has died off...

memory lane
echoczar
strobostomp
DrZ

• Members
Originally posted by (((echo)))

if andy bell could play one with those amazon fingers he's got you should have no problem either
:p

it's one of those guitars that you have to get used to... once you do you'll likely never let it go.

honestly i've yet to find a better pairing for a jazzmaster... they'll be my duo for life
:)

oh and my gas that has died off...

memory lane

echoczar

strobostomp

DrZ

hmmm...possibly...maybe I'll buy one one day... :)

• Members

hmmm...possibly...maybe I'll buy one one day...

seriously... buy one, put the jazzmaster down for a little while (yeah i know :( ) and give a Ric a few weeks. good thing about them is they don't really depreciate so if you find a nice deal on one you won't get killed on the value if you just can't get along with it.

i have no doubt at all that you'll end up loving it.. the tone makes the adjustment worth it! :)

• Members

...just thinking about gear that I GASed for for ages and for whatever reason (usualy trying one out) the GAS is now dead.

I'll start:

70s Fender Telecaster Deluxe

60s Gibson ES330

what I'm basicaly saying...
sometimes
seeing the guitar or whatever on the net is way sweeter than actualy trying it out in real life
;)

whoa. im having major gas on these 2 guitars right now, esp that es330.

• Members
Originally posted by (((echo)))

seriously... buy one, put the jazzmaster down for a little while (yeah i know
:(
) and give a Ric a few weeks. good thing about them is they don't really depreciate so if you find a nice deal on one you won't get killed on the value if you just can't get along with it.

i have no doubt at all that you'll end up loving it.. the tone makes the adjustment worth it!

hmmm...yeah...the chances of getting a good deal for a Ric in the UK...well...they're pretty slim :(

• Members

modulation mostly

i keep looking at flange and phasers and delays and wanting them, then i actually get round to playing with them and they just arent as cool as they sound

i finially got round to getting a delay (got a cheap old rack unit) and it is cool fun to play with, but not something i really use playign properly, unless i am just plonking about having fun amusing myself, so cool fun but no use in a band...

David

Archived