anything i can do if trade with someone on here and they dont send their pedal?

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

I would Phil, without hesitation because I know where to find you and also know you're not exactly going anywhere.
;)

Oh, so now you're saying I have no future?
;)

Oh and maybe because you'd pay me before I sent the item?
:D

I usually do.
:)
But then again, if manufacturers can send me units to review, or to get my thoughts about them before they start selling them, and if magazines can send me stuff to review, and know they'll get it back when they want it back, I think I'm a pretty safe trader. Plus I have a perfect Ebay feedback score too.
:)

I never understood how / why anyone would be willing to ruin their reputation over a pedal...
:(

• Members

Sounds like at this point you need to give it a couple more days and see if it shows up.

And in the future, always remember to ask a seller to be sure and get insurance and a tracking number, its not that much extra, and better for both parties if something goes wrong.

• Members

I hope you get the pedal, but I gotta say...

Punking anyone over the Internet, more so a fellow forumite, is {censored}ing low. You gotta be a real douchenozzle to think you will pull it off with any semblance of reputation in tact.

Come on, now. Come correct & make it right. :mad:

• Members

Yea,if he sent it Parcel Post with no delivery confirmation,I'd give him another week before throwing him under the bus.
I always send mine Priority Mail,cause it's only $1-2 more than Parcel post,and Delivery Confirmation is only $.50 and it usually arrives 2-3 days after you ship it. I also discuss shipping with the person I'm trading with so were on the same page.
USPS tracking #'s don't really track,they mainly tell you when it's been delivered or signed for,but it's better than no proof that you sent it.
I hope you get you pedal,if not,I hope it was not to spendy.

• Members
Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

Guys, he said the guy didn't buy a tracking number.

IMO, being cheap like that is just not very smart. If the buyer is dishonest, you have not CYA well enough. If the thing disappears, then you have not CYA well enough - especially if you also, in an effort to save a few bux, didn't insure it either. And if the buyer is honest, but the pedal doesn't show up, IMO, the burden of proof is back on you - the seller - and you are probably back at square one and need to make things right by sending another (identical) pedal or refunding the money you were sent.

All because you were too cheap to spend a couple bux more on insurance and a tracking number.
:(

+1

It's the responsibility of this guy to prove he sent the pedal. Since he didn't get any form of tracking, he can't prove it.

BTW, AnalogJunkie, can you prove you sent your half of the deal? If so, then the guy owes you what he promised you or has to return your pedal or pay you an acceptable amount.

If he sent it the cheapest way (20 mule team), it may take a little longer, but I would want the deal done and settled within one month from the date the pedal was "sent."

After that, if you get no satisfaction, out him. That will have to do.

I have spoken.

:wave:

• Members

I waited two months for a zvex pedal sent via a service that ususally took five days getting across the Atlantic.

During that two month wait I called the seller lots of progressively nastier {censored} in my mind and chalked it up to experience after about four weeks.

Consequently I felt pretty bad when the package showed up out of the blue, postmarked just when he said it had been. But that's nothing compared with how I would have felt, had I dragged his name through the mud only to discover the guy was honest and blameless all along.

• Members

To ship a friggin pedal 2-3 day priority coast to coast cause no more than $8 and thats pushing the larger pedals out there. I ship 2-3 all the time and the cost is always floating around $5.00 .

If these people are so cheap that they need to save $1 or $2 then there crackheads and i wouldnt want to deal with them anyway.

I see this crap on this forum alot, Demand 2-3 day ship then you wont be going through this "ive been waiting for over a month now, but sometimes it takes 2 months to get your pedals via the slowest mail service"

:rolleyes:

• Members

i know this does not help you now, but like mentioned in the future ask for tracking or delivery confirmation.

i also agree about priority mail with 2-3 day delivery, and delivery conf. is like $.40 extra. i also have traded/sold/bought my share of pedals here and it takes 2-3 days on average going through priority mail, and also like mentioned rarely has a shipment to anywhere in the US been more than $5, sometimes $8 if its heavy.

i recently almost got screwed and on top of that I asked a member here to hold a piece of gear for me, he did so very kindly but because of my near-screw i had to back out. since my deal went south I just did not have the funds to come through on the deal where i asked a member to hold something and i felt aweful for having to back out after him holding it for a few days for me.

i had an email asking if id send the Pod & controller out first, and when they saw the package was on its way they'd send me the money. I knew better and said no, so they said OK ill just take it. they said theyd send it priority mail (payment) and I said ill hold the item, no problem. they even called me and seemed pleasant, made me feel pretty comfortable and *almost* comfortable enough to go ahead and send it. but i still dont play that unless i know you

4-5 days later I never got anything so i emailed and asked what was up and thier first response was " damn i hope i didnt just loose $200". i said "if you sent it priority mail you can track it" - thats when they said something like "i was buisy that day and forgot about priority, i just sent it standard mail". right then I was skeptical but you know how it goes.

so anyway a few days later i told him that i gotta put it back up for sale....if your payment comes and i still have it ill ship it to you, if its already sold ill send you back the money order (which i will, im no thief), but it looks like they were just hoping id send the package before getting payment. now yes, if payment comes it will be great. i wont feel too bad because i did not post any names or anything like that, but you better believe after 1 more week ill put the name and address out there so others dont get scammed

anyway, so yeah.

if you plan to screw someone out of thier gear/cash, dont be all nice and make them feel warm & fuzzy and safe, just be a semi-jerk that way we dont feel too bad to know you were just trying to screw us.

and please use vasoline, its no fun getting the bare-treatment

• Members

Just to let everybody know, I have sent Dr Phil a request for this to be resolved live on his program and it looks like he may be interested in performing an HCFX intervention.

I wish you'd stop calling me. I'm not a {censored}ing wind up monkey with a pair of tiny matching cymbols, just waiting at your beck and call to give me a new show subject.

I'm frikin' Doctor Phil! Jesus Christ!

Now leave me alone. dr-phil-mcgraw.jpgYa hearin' me?

• Members

I always send with Confirmation. Its the only way to protect yourself. Without that...I don't ever know if it got there myself. Someone could actually get the pedal, know I had noway of knowing if it arrived other than them informing me it did, then lie, say it never arrived, and demand money back. It protects both people.

Having said that...I usually throw my receipts away, but I do know that USPS gives you a pretty detailed receipt showing the weight, cost and destination of the shipment. If he doesn't have a tracking number..ask him to send you a copy of the mailing receipt (they give those out FREE, he didn't even have to ask for it!).

Keep us posted.

• Members
Originally posted by Last Nerve

I always send with Confirmation. Its the only way to protect yourself. Without that...I don't ever know if it got there myself. Someone could actually get the pedal, know I had noway of knowing if it arrived other than them informing me it did, then lie, say it never arrived, and demand money back. It protects both people.

Good points.

I'm not going to do any more trades without both parties agreeing to a specified shipping method and date.
I've done too many trades where i busted my ass to get the pedal out the next day, and send them a tracking number the next evening, but they ship their pedal "whenever they get a chance" usually with no tracking, or even worse UPS.:mad: :mad: :mad:

• Members

If it's any consolation, I recently bought something on ebay with a seller who seemed really trustworthy, had good feedback, good emails... But didn't accept paypal.

I took a chance and sent a money order. As soon as they received it (sent it via certified so I could track it), they stopped responding to my emails. It's been 5 days now.

I'm guessing I got screwed.

• Members

Something I've always done in trades here when the item is a bit exy is pay for insurance at the post office which is usually a tiny sum and covers your arse if anything goes wrong.

Dont know how it works in australia, but here in the states, for USPS, Fed Ex, and UPS, they have a billion ways to get out of paying insurance claims... at least when it comes to damage. Loss they pretty much always pay.

• Members

Originally posted by Brian Marshall

Dont know how it works in australia, but here in the states, for USPS, Fed Ex, and UPS, they have a billion ways to get out of paying insurance claims... at least when it comes to damage. Loss they pretty much always pay.

Oh no, over here there would be death and riots if people paid for postal insurance and it wasn't honoured - so yeah you pay for it and they cover it.

• Members

Originally posted by Teahead

I waited two months for a zvex pedal sent via a service that ususally took five days getting across the Atlantic.

During that two month wait I called the seller lots of progressively nastier {censored} in my mind and chalked it up to experience after about four weeks.

Consequently I felt pretty bad when the package showed up out of the blue, postmarked just when he said it had been. But that's nothing compared with how I would have felt, had I dragged his name through the mud only to discover the guy was honest and blameless all along.

from now on, use this then

I have had a nasty experience with an ebay seller that didn't deliver, at some point the seller was even in jail) I had go into James Bond mode to get a hold of this guy, he really thought I was with the secret service, after he came out of prison, he went into hiding, but I got hold of his mobile number and kept stalking the guy (but at some point I really bad, I made a million of calls to track him down, it was fun to do though (it was the ultimate pedal hunt, I even posted a thread about it here), but I felt really bad for him, because I found out lots about him (he was a respectable dad, career in computers that loses everything and got health problems, completely lost it, the guy needed help, he was in really bad shape ... so how did it end ? Well that's another story ....

• Members
Originally posted by Blungo

Good points.

I'm not going to do any more trades without both parties agreeing to a specified shipping method and date.

I've done too many trades where i busted my ass to get the pedal out the next day, and send them a tracking number the next evening, but they ship their pedal "whenever they get a chance" usually with no tracking, or even worse UPS.
:mad:

hey, but a couple of us work {censored}ty hours and are strapped for times to actually make it to the post.
I have one not two blcoks from where I work, but it is only open 9-11:30, 12:30-3:00. Have had many a day coming in at 5-6 AM and leaving for a job and not coming back till well after 6-7:00 PM.

not saying there are any real excuses or anything, but ocasionally a few of us do work some crappy hours and have difficulties in getting the kit out. I do try and warn people about my situation.

• Members

I've only done a couple of trades, but those were with senior members I've seen here a while. But I'll ONLY use UPS and PM them the tracking # the day I ship it. Post office sux big time here in Jersey, I wouldn't trust 'em with a pedal at all.

Archived