anything i can do if trade with someone on here and they dont send their pedal?

• Members

its been a few weeks ive been waiting for a trade... thinking i got screwed here. i wont name the forumite but he still posts here and claims he sent the pedal and claims he didnt buy a tracking # from usps... so am i screwed here or what?

besides hiring a lawyer what can i do? thanks in advance.

not trying to make a big deal out of this, just wondering if anyone has gone through the same thing and resolved it without getting the legals involved?

• Members
Originally posted by Wilbo26

Have you talked to the post office? Thats fishy to me if there's no tracking number.

yes i talked to them- they arnt holding anything for me (they know me there.. i ship stuff out ALL THE TIME and have had several pedals held there- theres nothing)

i know he didnt send it and im kinda pissed. (you hear me mother {censored}er... i know you are reading this thread)

:mad:

• Members
Originally posted by AnalogJunkie

yes i talked to them- they arnt holding anything for me (they know me there.. i ship stuff out ALL THE TIME and have had several pedals held there- theres nothing)

i know he didnt send it and im kinda pissed. (you hear me mother {censored}er... i know you are reading this thread)

:mad:

All I can say is call him out man. Really not much else you can do short of busting out the legal action. 2 weeks is a long time for the post office to have not seen it.

• Members

Sounds to me it's WAY past time to name him and perhaps save others from getting burnt and I'm sure at least some of the adults on HC will help to ruin his remaining experience on HC - Then again if he's a Johnny-Come-Lately he'll probably just get a new logon...

Other than that, you're screwed - Personally given the amount of immaturity on this board I wouldn't trade a used 9V battery for a Klon.

The only board I'd trust to do trades on is TGP, and then only with members that have been there (and hopefully have references) for over a year.

Sorry about your loss, hope it wasn't too big...

• Members

Originally posted by TaZMaNiO

Sounds to me it's WAY past time to name him and perhaps save others from getting burnt and I'm sure at least some of the adults on HC will help to ruin his remaining experience on HC - Then again if he's a Johnny-Come-Lately he'll probably just get a new logon...

Other than that, you're screwed - Personally given the amount of immaturity on this board I wouldn't trade a used 9V battery for a Klon.

The only board I'd trust to do trades on is TGP, and then only with members that have been there (and hopefully have references) for over a year.

Sorry about your loss, hope it wasn't too big...

I've made several deals with people on here and had no problems. There are definately some shady dudes around but there are also plenty of guys that are great to deal with. Its just a matter of communicating with the person you're dealing with and make sure there is shipping insurance and tracking numbers involved.

As I mentioned, I've never had anything shipped to me that didn't have some sort of tracking number given to me, which makes this transaction sound really fishy.

• Members

its edwardricart...haha... :D

just kidding.

but no man seriously i posted this thread.. what? 15 minutes ago. and hes PMed me twice since then saying that hes sent the pedal and he doesnt think its fair if i ruin his rep on this board yadda yadda.. i mean he has a good rep around here and its understandable (i dont want to be a bigger dick than you guys think i am already..)

i just want my {censored}ing pedal :thu:

• Members

Well if he's still talking to you then all is not lost. Perhaps he needs to call his post office and see what happened? I just can't imagine sending a package off with UPS and it just flat out vanishing, especially if you know the people at your post office.

• Members

Originally posted by Wilbo26

Well if he's still talking to you then all is not lost. Perhaps he needs to call his post office and see what happened? I just can't imagine sending a package off with UPS and it just flat out vanishing, especially if you know the people at your post office.

he sent it usps

Check your PM's again AJ. :wave:

And for everyone else, no, it wasn't me. :p:)

I'm not sure what we can really do... if he's still in communication with you, you two should try to work it out in private. If he starts avoiding you, then that's another story. :evil: But my take is that 1) you should always get contact info for anyone you're considering buying / selling or trading with 2) you should always insist on insurance and tracking - both as a buyer and a seller 3) if it doesn't show up at my place, unless the sender has a signature proving otherwise, the ball's still in their court, and it's their obligation to fix things...

• Members

Something I've always done in trades here when the item is a bit exy is pay for insurance at the post office which is usually a tiny sum and covers your arse if anything goes wrong.

And I have never had a trade problem here at HCFX in all my years but I generally know the people I'm dealing with for a long time and they have always been senior members -- I don't deal with and have never dealt with jnr members or new faces.

• Members

he sent it usps

Then *IF* he has a tracking number, and if he gives it to you then plug it in the USPS website.

If nothing comes-up then he's flat-out lying and I vote to *OUT* him! :wave:

Scammers = :freak:

• Members

I'd say it depends. While the guy probably is screwing you, or maybe he's lying to you when he told you he got it out, the official travelling time is 15 business days. And while it's unfortuante and rare, it has happened to me a couple of times on here where it took the full 15 business days for the package to reach its destination. I'm not defending this guy because I don't know who it is, but you can't even file an insurance claim in two weeks. Your best option might just be to out him, which might pressure him to get his act together, or have others hault doing business with him until this is resolved.

Originally posted by TaZMaNiO

It depends on the person, though. Personally, I've had more problems with people being immature on TGP then on here, but quite a few people frequent both boards, so its hard to tell. Generally, I've found the people who have been around longer (and have posts) actually know what the {censored} they're doing and the others do not. Don't think it is really board specific.

• Members
Originally posted by phyrexia

You don't have to buy a tracking number from the post office. It's on your receipt.

Only if you pay for delivery confirmation. Everytime I've ever shipped something they always ask if I want insurance and/or delivery confirmation. I hate it when people ship stuff to me without tracking numbers.

• Members
Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

Tiki, would you sell a pedal to this man?

;):D

I would Phil, without hesitation because I know where to find you and also know you're not exactly going anywhere. ;)

Oh and maybe because you'd pay me before I sent the item? :D

its been a few weeks ive been waiting for a trade... thinking i got screwed here. i wont name the forumite but he still posts here and claims he sent the pedal and claims he didnt buy a tracking # from usps... so am i screwed here or what?

Guys, he said the guy didn't buy a tracking number.

IMO, being cheap like that is just not very smart. If the buyer is dishonest, you have not CYA well enough. If the thing disappears, then you have not CYA well enough - especially if you also, in an effort to save a few bux, didn't insure it either. And if the buyer is honest, but the pedal doesn't show up, IMO, the burden of proof is back on you - the seller - and you are probably back at square one and need to make things right by sending another (identical) pedal or refunding the money you were sent.

All because you were too cheap to spend a couple bux more on insurance and a tracking number. :(

Archived