Eternity prices etc what's the big deal?

• Members
Originally posted by 4Kenoath

I remember when Lovepedal came here and the forum was flooded with "Tone for 50 bones"...

...clearly a good way to attract an immediate following and the prices quadrupled or more in short time. I was interested in one of his pedals and several weeks later it was about $100 more and a huge waiting list appeared seemingly
after
the price rise...they lept again some time after.

That was it for me. That fits my definition of 'hype' to a 'T' irrespective of whether the pedals are amazing or not. Yeah, yeah, the market will decide. I won't be buying into it...flame away.

:bor:

Still laughing!
:D :D :love::D :D

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by 4Kenoath

No, why would I?

"Excuse me Sean, why the doubling of price since my last email inquiring about said pedal, and can I have it at the old price despite the new 3 month wait?"

I don't feel like I've missed out on anything irrespective of pricing policy. No pedal's that good.

None and it's irrelevant...I never got round to buying one before the price hikes and didn't feel like it after. Are they seriously $300+?
:eek:

I don't care how great they are (which at best is subjective to your tastes anyway)...screw that.
:freak:

Glad you're happy with it.
:thu::wave:

And yet you know everything about things you know nothing about...

nice!

• Members
Originally posted by The Gainster

And yet you know everything about things you know nothing about...

nice!

Hey Mitch,

I think it's possible to hear from the clips whether something is what you're looking for or not - seriously, I don't think you have to gig that pedal in order to really apreciate it if you already know your needs and the sounds you're after. This isn't to say it's not a great pedal for others but I've never been wrong yet about listening to clips of a pedal and then playing it in the flesh.

As I said before, your clips were excellent but I didn't hear $450 worth of pedal in there when my Tone Press gets me the same thing. :wave:

• Members
Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

Hey Mitch,

I think it's possible to hear from the clips whether something is what you're looking for or not - seriously, I don't think you have to gig that pedal in order to really apreciate it if you already know your needs and the sounds you're after. This isn't to say it's not a great pedal for others but I've never been wrong yet about listening to clips of a pedal and then playing it in the flesh.

As I said before, your clips were excellent but I didn't hear $450 worth of pedal in there when my Tone Press gets me the same thing.
:wave:

I agree it's not worth $450.00....and it's not priced at $450.00... but people are paying that on the bay...go figure. :freak: I wouldn't pay that for the Klon either.

Truth be told...to try and calm this down...Sean raised the prices to slow the orders down. He is the only guy making them. He got a flood of orders and the wait time went thru the roof. It slowed down a bit then a new wave came thru. You can only make so many of anything each day. I talk to Sean from time to time and he is an honest and good person. He would do anything for you if he could. It piss's me off when people who know nothing of the facts attacking someone who is good people. I guess it's the Southern boy in me. :D

As far as playing them live...this is where the 50 and others really shine. Same as the Keeley comp. It really works hard at volume. :)

• Members
Originally posted by The Gainster

I agree it's not worth $450.00....and it's not priced at $450.00... but people are paying that on the bay...go figure.
I wouldn't pay that for the Klon either.

Truth be told...to try and calm this down...Sean raised the prices to slow the orders down. He is the only guy making them. He got a flood of orders and the wait time went thru the roof. It slowed down a bit then a new wave came thru. You can only make so many of anything each day. I talk to Sean from time to time and he is an honest and good person. He would do anything for you if he could. It piss's me off when people who know nothing of the facts attacking someone who is good people. I guess it's the Southern boy in me.
:D

As far as playing them live...this is where the 50 and others really shine. Same as the Keeley comp. It really works hard at volume.
:)

Agreed on all counts!! I still think sean understands economics and sales better than most FX builders out there. That said being the smart businessman with several different pedal designs he SHOULD be able to escalate prices with the old supply and demand deal. Either way who gives a {censored}. Hes just trying to make a good living. Granted, it DOES piss me off sometimes when prices get that high, but I always understand. He's gotta pay for that bling bling somehow. :wave: Hi Sean!

• Members

Hey Mitch,

Thanks for getting the clips together since Arjae (
:mad::D
) let us down!

Even though your clips are wet I got a solid idea of what the pedal does dynamically that people seem to like about it - actually your clips are a better representative than the ones played on Seans site!

Now that I've heard it I can say it's a nice pedal but I can get my Tone Press to do exactly the same thing I hear in those clips so it sure isn't $450 worth of pedal for me when I scored my Tone Press for $139. I can see those already owning it being happy though given that prices have risen.
:thu:

A tone press can't do that! Maybe the first clip you could've pulled off, but the Eternity is adding gain of it's own in the other clips.. and nice gain too. :D

• Members
Originally posted by DJLantz444

A tone press can't do that! Maybe the first clip you could've pulled off, but the Eternity is adding gain of it's own in the other clips.. and nice gain too.

''

Errr have you PLAYED a Tone Press? Have you set it up as a boost or using various other comp settings? It actually WILL do that and add dynamics to your existing sound when running into an amp already breaking a little ... I've done it and it does it. :)

• Members

''

Errr have you PLAYED a Tone Press? Have you set it up as a boost or using various other comp settings? It actually WILL do that and add dynamics to your existing sound when running into an amp already breaking a little ... I've done it and it does it.
:)

It can't do it into a completely clean amp.

Anyway forget that, I'm probably wrong anyway knowing me.:rolleyes:

But, another bump for Arjae's clips. Anybody with me?

• 2 months later...
  • Members
Originally posted by Arjae

LOL. I have been waiting all day for people to be in an outrage over the price going the other way.

Yup. Those who bought recently will complain. Those who were hoping to sell will complain. Those who thought it was too expensive will still think it's too expensive, and complain.

And he'll sell every one he feels like making.

I'd hop on it though. This is the first-ever E with marked controls :eek:

• Members

Is the topic still on the price...cuz heres my opinion....

GREAT pedal...thats undeniable.

Sean has a waitlist of people...whats the best way to cut down his workload and keep his profits up? Raise the price...that way he gets the same money for less work (as those who dont like the price wont get one)...hed be an idiot not to raise the price.

I got mine before the price rocketed...I got it for the same price as my CoT50...and I did actually get my fuzz 50 for 50 bones...so im pleased with that one too. The trick is to take a chance on his pedals as soon as they come out.

:wave:

• Members

Ok so I had to have a listen to the clips and I just listened to the Eternity ... it's an ok sounding box but did nothing at all to blow me away - infact I'm serious when I say I've heard better tones from M.I Audio at half that price ... which confirms my suspicions earlier.

People charge what the market will bear I guess ...

+1, I think the clips of Lovepedal stuff I've heard sound awful compared to MI Audio stuff.

• Members

so Lovepedal raised the prices of a pedal that cost about 30-40 to make ? (remember tone for 50 bones?).....to 300 to make the waitinglist shorter....

thats some ultra gouging of customers right there....raising the prices not because of extra research, new features, increasing costs etc....its the same 40 dollar pedal but now for 300.....

never been a fan of lovepedal....too much spamming and having his lovepedal-goons all around here telling everyone who didnt like the spamming to {censored} off.

YAY ! :rolleyes:

• Members

Well, hes lowered the price...i guess hes trying this new model out...the Roadhouse E....maybe hell raise the price of this when it gets into higher demand.

Anyway, I wasnt here when he was spamming or whatever....what actually happened? Lotsa people seem to distrust him but some (like me) really like him and every pedal Ive tried of his.

If people would pay me for $300 for 40 dollars worth of parts Id take it...its not his job to be nice to the musical population...this is his LIVING...ya know? Like a car mechanic wouldnt say...actually, that part only cost $40 so Ill charge you $50 rather than the usual 300.

• Members
Originally posted by ollenorin

so Lovepedal raised the prices of a pedal that cost about 30-40 to make ? (remember tone for 50 bones?).....to 300 to make the waitinglist shorter....

thats some ultra gouging of customers right there....raising the prices not because of extra research, new features, increasing costs etc....its the same 40 dollar pedal but now for 300.....

never been a fan of lovepedal....too much spamming and having his lovepedal-goons all around here telling everyone who didnt like the spamming to {censored} off.

YAY !
:rolleyes:

Hey, Olle :D
I am not a lovepedal historian/goon ;), I just own an Eternity which gives me an incredible array of juice available, alone or stacked in front of my BOR

300, maybe not (maybe it's the purpose) but 200/250 ? yup. :cool:

If you can, try one at low gain and high gain settings, alone or stacked in front of a more dry OD, playing with the guitar volume

I'm sure you could do a whole gig with that, I mean, even you :D;)

• Members

Originally posted by ollenorin

so Lovepedal raised the prices of a pedal that cost about 30-40 to make ? (remember tone for 50 bones?)

A. Tone for 50 Bones wasn't an E

B. You're assuming he made a profit on those early units consistent with a sustainable business. Not likely.

Archived