Eternity prices etc what's the big deal?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey Mitch,

Thanks for getting the clips together since Arjae ( :mad::D ) let us down!

Even though your clips are wet I got a solid idea of what the pedal does dynamically that people seem to like about it - actually your clips are a better representative than the ones played on Seans site!

Now that I've heard it I can say it's a nice pedal but I can get my Tone Press to do exactly the same thing I hear in those clips so it sure isn't $450 worth of pedal for me when I scored my Tone Press for $139. I can see those already owning it being happy though given that prices have risen. :thu:

• Members

I remember when Lovepedal came here and the forum was flooded with "Tone for 50 bones"...

...clearly a good way to attract an immediate following and the prices quadrupled or more in short time. I was interested in one of his pedals and several weeks later it was about $100 more and a huge waiting list appeared seemingly after the price rise...they lept again some time after.

That was it for me. That fits my definition of 'hype' to a 'T' irrespective of whether the pedals are amazing or not. Yeah, yeah, the market will decide. I won't be buying into it...flame away.

:bor:

• Members
Originally posted by 4Kenoath

I remember when Lovepedal came here and the forum was flooded with "Tone for 50 bones"...

...clearly a good way to attract an immediate following and the prices quadrupled or more in short time. I was interested in one of his pedals and several weeks later it was about $100 more and a huge waiting list appeared seemingly
after
the price rise...they lept again some time after.

That was it for me. That fits my definition of 'hype' to a 'T' irrespective of whether the pedals are amazing or not. Yeah, yeah, the market will decide. I won't be buying into it...flame away.

Have you ever talked to Sean about why the price was raised?

What Lovepedals have you gigged with?

• Members

Sorry guys. I am away for work Wednesday through Friday this week. I wasn't able to make time Tuesday night since I had to pack and all. I will do some this weekend for sure. Sorry for the let down. :(

• Members
Originally posted by The Gainster

Have you ever talked to Sean about why the price was raised?

No, why would I?

"Excuse me Sean, why the doubling of price since my last email inquiring about said pedal, and can I have it at the old price despite the new 3 month wait?"

I don't feel like I've missed out on anything irrespective of pricing policy. No pedal's that good.

What Lovepedals have you gigged with?

None and it's irrelevant...I never got round to buying one before the price hikes and didn't feel like it after. Are they seriously $300+?:eek:

I don't care how great they are (which at best is subjective to your tastes anyway)...screw that.:freak:

Glad you're happy with it.:thu::wave:

• Members
Originally posted by 4Kenoath

...clearly a good way to attract an immediate following and the prices quadrupled or more in short time. I was interested in one of his pedals and several weeks later it was about $100 more and a huge waiting list appeared seemingly
after
the price rise...they lept again some time after.

that sums up why i never bought them either. i suspect some of these pedals might be rather good. but the relentless spam, a new design every five minutes and price/waiting game is not something I go for. mind you I didn't much enjoy being attacked by the lovepedal accolytes either.

sometimes we make gear descions based on value and sometimes we make them based on our values.

• Members

Tonight, on a very special HCFX:

"sometimes we make gear descions based on value and sometimes we make them based on our values."

;)

Seriously, though, I hear you. I also find some of Sean's tactics annoying, especially the revolving-door custom shop creations and the cryptic nature of his descriptions. But then I plug into his stuff and the pain just melts away... It's not for everyone, but I've never found anything I like better.

(And for the record, the approach maligned above-- "low introductory price" followed by consumer interest and a price increase, is no different than most markets, whether we're talking about DSL or pizza pies. Don't hate the player, hate the game, mang.)

• Members

What is the big deal if you think its over priced hype then dont buy it. They are hand built buy one guy so they are fairly limited in number, maybe collectable and sound amazing. The boutique amp or guitar companys dont generate this kind of contraversy so why are you breaking Seans balls. A Carr Mercury cost Two grand you can get a Peavey of the same size for about two hundred but I dont see any threads about Carr screwing anybody.

Archived