Eternity prices etc what's the big deal?

• Members

to be fair there really isn't a dirt pedal out there that costs any more than that to build in parts. What these guys are supposedly charging for is their "recipie" that they've created. They've toiled over a smoking iron for years and years to create what they feel is the perfect tone and some people agree and will pay any price for that "flavor"...

Originally posted by ollenorin

so Lovepedal raised the prices of a pedal that cost about 30-40 to make ? (remember tone for 50 bones?).....to 300 to make the waitinglist shorter....

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by RoboPimp

to be fair there really isn't a dirt pedal out there that costs any more than that to build in parts. What these guys are supposedly charging for is their "recipie" that they've created. They've toiled over a smoking iron for years and years to create what they feel is the perfect tone and some people agree and will pay any price for that "flavor"...

Yeah, + 1

like fashion design : cloth is always wayyyy cheaper than the finished product, because the cut is knowledge and know-how

• Members

Originally posted by newstrat60

Yeah, + 1

like fashion design : cloth is always wayyyy cheaper than the finished product, because the cut is knowledge and know-how

That {censored} is way more out of control than this. People pay $300 for a pair of shoes made in SE Asia for $5 a pair, and within 6 months to a year they are out of style.

At least with a lot of these pedals, you're getting something hand made by an expert that will likely last you as long as you need it and it does something useful for you.

• Members
Originally posted by DaSkip

I'm sure your EchoCzar didn't cost $800.00 to make either. I got no problem with people spending their money how they see fit.

Ultimately, it's their money and none of my business.

Just sayin'.....

it didnt cost 150 at first though.....and got raised to 700 just people had the money.

;)

• Members
Originally posted by DaSkip

I'm sure your EchoCzar didn't cost $800.00 to make either. I got no problem with people spending their money how they see fit.

Ultimately, it's their money and none of my business.

Just sayin'.....

it didnt cost 150 at first though.....and got raised to 700 just people had the money.

;)

• Members

Originally posted by Wilbo26

People pay $300 for a pair of shoes made in SE Asia for $5 a pair,

hmmm, the BoR vexter comes to mind with this analogy... I wonder what the price per piece is for those from the asian factory? I mean you can get a computer for a couple hundred bucks these days and they must still be making some profit off that...

• Members

Originally posted by RoboPimp

hmmm, the BoR vexter comes to mind with this analogy... I wonder what the price per piece is for those from the asian factory? I mean you can get a computer for a couple hundred bucks these days and they must still be making some profit off that...

Indeed. My favorite example like this is Fender. They sent production of the Blues Jr/Pro Jr. down to Mexico where it is undoubtedly cheaper to make them, but the prices have gone up.

I think computers are just so cheap and easy to make even at these seemingly rock bottom prices they're still making good money off them, just not hand over fist like they do with top of the line models.

• Members
Originally posted by Arjae

Olle, tell us about your Pete Cornish fuzz again that you bought. How much was that thing? Was there $600 worth of parts in that lunch box?
:rolleyes:

u obiously didnt read my post.....i just wondered why a pedal could go from 50 to 300 with the same stuff in it....but maybe it wasnt the same stuff in it ?

its hard to say whats in a cornish fuzz pedal since theyre pretty glued up....but they sound like nothing else...and look like nothing else...those boxes are like panzarwagon of the 3rd world war. And it got a LED and a 9 volt Powerjack as well !!! aint that something !!???? :thu::D

• Members
Originally posted by Arjae

I read it. You obviously had no clue what you were talking about.
:thu:

Oh and you get an AC tap and LED with the E.
:wave:

So what were you saying again?
:confused:

well some people said they went from 50 to 150 to 250 so i wasnt all wrong....

go back lick seans balls again please. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by ollenorin

;)

How much have Saab's prices increased over the years? I'm just curious.

I happen to own BJF and Lovepedals and I'm glad I do.

I've driven Saabs and played through BJF pedals. Have you even tried a Lovepedal or is your mind already made up?

Olle you're cool, but biased. I think......

• 1 month later...

Archived