Which bandname of these do you like best ?

ollenorin

• Members

Any name will do. The name will not make the band. The band will make the name (if you put enough time and effort behind it)...

Read the following names and imagine you're in that band at a time when the name has not been agreed upon yet:

Electric Light Orchestra
Blue Oyster Cult
Duran Duran
Alice Cooper
Steely Dan

By themselves, these band names mean nothing. But the history and our perception of these bands is what infuses the names with meaning...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Northstar

Any name will do. The name will not make the band. The band will make the name (if you put enough time and effort behind it)...

Read the following names and imagine you're in that band at a time when the name has not been agreed upon yet:

Electric Light Orchestra

Blue Oyster Cult

Duran Duran

Alice Cooper

Steely Dan

By themselves, these band names mean nothing. But the history and our perception of these bands is what infuses the names with meaning...

good post !

• Members

Originally posted by Northstar

Electric Light Orchestra

Blue Oyster Cult

Duran Duran

Alice Cooper

Steely Dan

That being said, I prefer City Scan

• Members
Originally posted by ollenorin

City Scan

Lady Organ

Suburban Sprawl

?

My new band needs a bandname.....the singer and drummer came up with those.....i kinda like City Scan.

:wave:

city scan doesnt bring anything to mind and makes me wonder what kind of band it is, which is good. lady organ sounds like a big black song title (not a bad thing really), and suburban sprawl sounds like a gutter-punk band...

• Members
Originally posted by ollenorin

City Scan

Lady Organ

Suburban Sprawl

?

My new band needs a bandname.....the singer and drummer came up with those.....i kinda like City Scan.

:wave:

Don't like City Scan. Don't like Lady Organ. Too many band names that speak of cities and women/girls/ladies these days. Maybe not in your genre, but at least in mine.

I came up with a SWEET bandname earlier today but now I forget it and I'm so pissed, because I would give it to you.

My new drone/ambient band is called Metis, but we may change it to Sawhorse. I love Sawhorse. That's such a bad ass name, and it doesn't sound like it would fit with our genre at all, which is why it's perfect.

OH {censored}! I remembered the name! "Patterns of Shorebirds."

I think that name {censored}ing rules.

• Members
Originally posted by angelhair0

GuyaGuy, don't confuse this guy. You KNOW those are already taken by my three side projects.

:o

i don't know why but i love possessive names...
Her Space Holiday
My Bloody Valentine
His Name Is Alive
Our Lady Peace

not saying i like all those bands but the names resonate with me...

• Members
Originally posted by GuyaGuy

:o

i don't know why but i love possessive names...

Her Space Holiday

My Bloody Valentine

His Name Is Alive

Our Lady Peace

not saying i like all those bands but the names resonate with me...

That is kind of a cool concept now that I think about it. My America Is Watching Tigers Die. Good band.

• Members

My old band had, to me at least, the greatest name.

The High Llamas.

Then some band in Scotland used it.

We were broken up by then, so I can't bitch too much.

I usually make a huge list of names, and wittle it down....

The Metalflakes
JetNoise
The Dog and Pony Show.
Slant 6

• Members

When you make a band name, it's important that the name is creative. Or just retardedly bizarre.

Dead Moose = Bad Band Name.

But lets think about putting it all together.

Deamoose.
Demoose
Deahmo
Deahmoa
Deahmek
Dehmia

There you go, you can name your band Dehmia. It was originally Dead Moose. By using Klisk's COMBINE {censored} system, you can eventually form a decent name. Klisk started off as Clitoral Basilisk. Just kidding, that's an old joke of mine. Hyuk hyuk.

Or you can do even better. Just pick a phrase. What's a cool phrase?

When she sleeps at night, I destroy all the innocent.

Cool phrase, huh? Well if you're a NYC art band you might as well use that phrase without even modifying it, because it'll {censored}ing work. But if not, then you need to use the Klisk REWORD {censored} system.

She Sleeps, Destroy Innocent Nights.
Destroy her Innocent Nights.
Destroy Her Nights.
Destroyer Knights. (Of {censored}, wrong direction there. Lets start over.)

Destroy Her Nights (Alcoholic band.)
Destroy Her Innocence (Pedo band.)

Hrrm.

Destroy Her Sleep.

There you go, you could be called Destroy Her Sleep. It's so meaningful. That's a cool name right there. It shows off your artful spirit.

Thank me later, holmes.

• Members
Originally posted by Klisk

When you make a band name, it's important that the name is creative. Or just retardedly bizarre.

Dead Moose = Bad Band Name.

But lets think about putting it all together.

Deamoose.

Demoose

Deahmo

Deahmoa

Deahmek

Dehmia

There you go, you can name your band Dehmia. It was originally Dead Moose. By using Klisk's COMBINE {censored} system, you can eventually form a decent name. Klisk started off as Clitoral Hydralisk. Just kidding, that's an old joke of mine. Hyuk hyuk.

Nipponophile!

:p

O'Keefe does sound kinda cool...
:idea:

Archived