Which bandname of these do you like best ?

ollenorin

• Members

Originally posted by DICKTRON

Olle Norrin and His Band of People who Commit Unspeakable Acts with Lutefisk

or abbreviate it to ONHBPCUAL if that's too cumbersome.

hmm, I kinda like it

Olle - are you wishing to express anything in the name or does the project have a particular direction?

I don't mean as some overly serious, pretentious 'vision statement'

I just mean, is there something you'd like to give a nod to that maybe has some influence on or has something in common with the band or just something the members of the band like that you'd like to make a little ref to? even a little pun or joke?

again, not from a "you need it", more along the lines of "eh, as long as I'm doing it...I thought I'd flavor it"

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by MorePaul

hmm, I kinda like it

Olle - are you wishing to express anything in the name or does the project have a particular direction?

I don't mean as some overly serious, pretentious 'vision statement'

I just mean, is there something you'd like to give a nod to that maybe has some influence on or has something in common with the band or just something the members of the band like that you'd like to make a little ref to? even a little pun or joke?

again, not from a "you need it", more along the lines of "eh, as long as I'm doing it...I thought I'd flavor it"

i dont wanna express anything really with the name....i just want something thats easy to say and that u dont have to feel ashamed to say.....i liked my previous band

If I ever do the solo record that several of my friends keep pushing me to do, I want to do it under an assumed "band name" - even though it would probably be a true solo record (IOW, me playing everything with some appearances here and there by some of my friends)... and I'll need a "band name". As I said earlier in the thread, I suck at band names, but one popped into my head the other night, and I thought it was decent enough to write down - "Naked In The Pool". Most of you will probably think it's stupid, but for me, it would work on a couple of different levels. And I think it a name isn't simply dreadful (I actually knew of a local band called "Simply Dreadful" ;) ), and it means something to the band, then that's usually good enough.

Archived