What are you guys reading?

Elliott Damage

• Members
Currently reading "starship troopers" by Robert Heinlein, much deeper book than the film would make you believe
:)

Just finished re-reading The Gormenghast trilogy, love the first two!

PS Remember reading the Thomas Covenant Books when I was at college, seems everyone did back then but can't see the appeal anymore.

Have you read Stranger in a Strange Land? It might be my favorite book ever, definitely my fav sci-fi ever. :thu:

BTW, kick ass avatar you have there sir. :D

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Both are fav's of mine, there aren't many C.S. Lewis books I haven't read.
The Four Loves
and
Till We Have Faces
are both great, and the chronicles of narnia are brilliant, even though they are childrens books.

The two I mentioned, and The Chronicles of Narnia are the only C.S. Lewis I've read. I'm going to have to bookmark this page so I can refer to it when I go looking for a new book. :thu:

• Members
Clever.
:):D

FALILV is Hunter at his best.

Fear and Loathing is great, but I like the collections (Generation of Swine, Kingdom of Fear, etc. ) more. Less drugs, more politics...and it's all funny as hell. :love: HST might be the greatest american of the 20th century.

• Members

I am finishing a trilogy called His Dark Materials. They are making a movie out of the first book, it's called The Golden Compass.

I am also reading the Gnostic Gospels from the Nag Hammadi libray, very interesting but kind of a boring read.

• Members

I am finishing a trilogy called His Dark Materials. They are making a movie out of the first book, it's called The Golden Compass.

I recently finished up The Golden Compass and started The Subtle Knife (book 2) over the weekend. It took me a while to buy into the concept of the world in the first book and ended up really liking it. The FX are going to have to be top notch to really do the book justice.

• Members
Fear and Loathing is great, but I like the collections (Generation of Swine, Kingdom of Fear, etc. ) more. Less drugs, more politics...and it's all funny as hell.
:love:
HST might be the greatest american of the 20th century.

I'm reading Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail right now. Go ahead and skip that one:bor:

• Members

Gosh, the last book I read was game of shadows about the Barry Bonds steroid scam and that was last year.

I read 3 guitar mages a month plus ESPN the mag, Newsweek, car and driver, I read a lot of guitar stats, different makes, model, what they're made of etc. Tons of work related stuff.

Archived