What are you guys reading?

Elliott Damage

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I haven't had the drive to finish any books lately. I finished Atlas Shrugged on the day of New Year's Eve, read Anthem in about half an hour, and now I've been trying to work on We the Living. Yes, I am on an Ayn Rand kick, but I want to read her stuff before I move on. I guess the Fountainhead is all that's left after this.

• Members

I am about to start Crying of Lot 49 tonight. After that it's Journey to the End of the Night and then Fast Food Nation.

I got books for my birthday. I am a nerd.
:cry:

Crying of Lot 49 is great. I just finished Pynchon's Against the Day. Not quite Gravity's Rainbow, but close.

I'm currently reading Lovecraft. I just received a copy of collected Lovecraft stories published by the Library of America. After that I'm going to read Cormac McCarthy's border trilogy. I also receive books for my birthday. Then again, I'm an English teacher.

• Members

Have you read
The Screwtape Letters
, or
Mere Christianity
?

If not pick them up, especially the former as it is one of the best reads I ever had.

Both are fav's of mine, there aren't many C.S. Lewis books I haven't read. The Four Loves and Till We Have Faces are both great, and the chronicles of narnia are brilliant, even though they are childrens books.

Archived