What are you guys reading?

Elliott Damage

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

quicksilver by neal stephenson - why oh why did i get myself into a 900+ page book!?! i've been reading this for more than a year (ok, i don't have much free time)

good book though - even though the pages are now yellow.

Damn you need to get yourself some more free time!

I remember pulling a muscle in my neck when I was at school, and because I couldn't do anything else (not even sleep) I read the whole of "Lord of The Rings" in a weekend.

• Members
I recently finished up The Golden Compass and started The Subtle Knife (book 2) over the weekend. It took me a while to buy into the concept of the world in the first book and ended up really liking it. The FX are going to have to be top notch to really do the book justice.

No doubt!!
It took me a while too to get into the whole thing, but with the second book, things get really interesting, and the third one is the best!!

Nicole Kidman is playing Mrs Coultier....:love:

• Members

The Hidden Assassins by Robert Wilson. It's a crime/mystery set in modern day Spain. I believe this is his second book centering around Detective Falcon, the first being Blind Man of Seville, another great read but graphic in detail. So far Hidden Assassins is a great read (only 1/3 into the book). I would recommend anything by Robert Wilson (not to be confused with Robert A. Wilson, author of The Illuminatus, another excellent book) with the possible exception of Company of Strangers which, while well written with interesting characters, good plot and a setting that I usually like (WWII Portugal), in the end turned into a love story. A Small Death In Lisbon is also highly recommended.

Archived