revolver by a mile.

why?
Here, There, and Everywhere
Rigby
Im only sleeping
She Said
For No One
I want to tell you

the perfect mix of straight ahead and acid tinged Beatles.

2nd place
Mystery Tour.
Strawberry
Walrus
Penny
All you need is love
fool
tour
flying

whatever they were on, it was good and best left to them for use in musical creativity

• Members

Hard to say really. I think I'm more a fan of specific songs than I am of an album per se. However, I wil say this: the US version of Rubber Soul has always left me awestruck. It's brevity and cohesiveness have always made it absolutely delightful to my ears. I also own the UK version (which leads of with Drive My Car iirc) but it really isn't as good.

From what I've read, the US version of Rubber Soul is what triggered the transition to album oriented, rather than single oriented, songwriting at large. The perfect example being The Beach Boy's Pet Sounds, which was admittedly inspired by Rubber Soul's cohesiveness in its US version and The Beatle's response to that album, Sgt. Pepper's...

I go 'round and 'round on this question, and it's really a tough one. The three that are the top contenders AFAIC are Revolver, Sgt Pepper and Abbey Road. Rubber Soul and The Beatles (aka The White Album) are great too, but IMO, not quite as solid overall as the other three. Of those three, Sgt Pepper gets a special nod since it was so groundbreaking, and Abbey Road gets props for the mini suite on side two, but I tend to keep coming back to Revolver as their "best" - or at least my favorite. Best collection of songs. Rocks as well as anything they ever did. The start of the studio innovation stuff... just an amazing record overall.

For the moment, I'll go with Revolver.

600px-Revolver.jpg

Archived