Why are there so many pristine pedalboards here?

RoboPimp

• Members

About 99% of the people who post pics of their pedalboard here show us pictures of a collection of beautifully clean, perfectly placed pedals with immaculate wiring and not a spect of dirt on the pedals, on the carpet or anywhere. How many of you actually play them? Or is this all just a hobby of buying pedals and seeing how anal you can get arranging them on a piece of wood/metal and never really doing anything with them?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

why bother ?

for me...im using all my pedals frequently...both with the band and at home. Ive got a good solid pedalboard that i post pics of sometimes....and also some extrapedals ive got lying around the house....

yeah, you're part of the 1% I think olle, your pedals do at least look like they've been stepped on 3 or 4 times at least! :thu:

• Members

I'm not that bothered. Yeah I haven't gigged with mine yet, but when I get round to it, I'm not gonna care if they get a bit trashed, as long as they work. I think they look cooler battered. Same with guitars. I look forward to some day in 20 years time or something when my tele is really starting to wear and looks like a real rock and roll relic... :thu:

• Members

i don't think it's fair to assume they don't get used

having said that though... i hate the look of super neat and tidy pedal boards.. too anal looking.... it does give the impression it's more about the pedals than the music

saw the best guitarist i've seen in ages a few weeks ago... his board was just a beautiful messy functional rock'n'roll heap

• Members

I admit, when I make pics of my board, I'll always wipe off the dirt and I give my pedals a spring cleaning once a year

man yr not cool enuff !!! its cooler to have dirty pedals while playing lame covers in a redneck local pub-band....

just like walt the dwarf.

:D

• Members

The sampling could be affected by people not showing their dirty pedal boards out of embarrassment...

...so only the really neat, brand new ones which are repeatedly shown make it seem like the norm. :idea::freak:

I like pedals, but when it comes to playing, I mostly preferred to plug straight into the amp like I did for the first 13 years of playing...

...I've never owned a 'pedal board' either...may be I don't qualify for this forum. :cry::o:D

• Members

man yr not cool enuff !!! its cooler to have dirty pedals while playing lame covers in a redneck local pub-band....

just like walt the dwarf.

:D

I recently joined (and got kicked out of) a C&W band that did nothing but lame C&W covers and they rehearsed in the back of a car tuning/line dancing pub. When I went to practice for the first time, they stopped after a couple of songs and asked me if I had a hat and boots and a shirt

They didn't care about the pedals, and I just used a compressor, SHO and reverb and the volume knob of my Tele and the Fender Twin, it sounded brilliant, and I've learned a lot from testing out for cover bands,

it's not for me.

• Members

It is obvious who plays out and who is strictly a bedroom player isn't it? Even just a couple of jams in your mates garage gets a healthy layer of dirt of your board.

these people that have 15+ pedals on a board and 2 boards hooked-up together, makes me laugh.

Obviously these people have roadies...

• Members

It is obvious who plays out and who is strictly a bedroom player isn't it? Even just a couple of jams in your mates garage gets a healthy layer of dirt of your board.

Obviously these people have roadies...

Just moving things about in a car / van, things bash together and fall-over, if you want pristine, dont regularly gig it. The stuff is made to be kicked about.

• Members

I must say I've got a little more precious in recent times.

Gone are the days of gaffa taping my pedals to the carpet of some dive venue only to kick one off the side of the stage mid-set. I now stick them on a little board, so I can kick the entire set of pedals off the stage instead :D

I still kick the {censored} out of my pedals though. I tend to hit the switches with a full on stomp as opposed to a little tap with my toe. Except my noise swash pedal, but that's because I'd probably wipe out the toggle switches that are next to the stomp switches.

Saying that, I can understand why people are precious about their pedals. I would be gutted to stomp a pedal to death, knowing it cost me a {censored}load of cash.

Archived