Your First Pedal?

fadedjoy

• Members
I remember around the time those came out, there was some kid here on HC who was asking about "Xtortion" pedals, saying that he knew Boss made one, but he wanted to know about other companies' "xtortion" pedals.

A few people recommended various distortion pedals, but he kept insisting "No, I'm not looking for a distortion pedal, I'm looking for an XTORTION pedal.":D

I bought that thing shortly after I started playing guitar. I bought a Squier fat strat(which was a really cool guitar), and that Frontman 15, but I just remember wanting to palm mute, so i wanted to get really distorted sounds.:D

After my friend busted his metal zone, i thought that i wanted to try something different. So, I bought that xtortion. I was like 12 years old, and i didnt even play it. It looked and sounded {censored}ing metal, and I wanted metal.:o

It was ok until i actually started learning to play and listening to guitar tones.:o

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

this old fender wah/fuzz/volume that I bought in a pawn shop in the 70's. It pivoted up and down and the top could be spun sideways for different sounds. It got hung up and I took it apart to clean it and it had long blond hair wound around the moving parts, like 3 foot long strands of hair. I envisioned some guy going "wow man my hair is tangled up in my wah wah. bummer man."

• Members

ibanez dpl-10 pan delay, which i got from a buddy for a beer, cause he had no use for it, he was a total beginner and did only know what distortion/overdrives do....

...still have it in my board

i've been looking for one of these for a while, can't seem to snag one on ebay. lucky you!!

• Members
this old fender wah/fuzz/volume that I bought in a pawn shop in the 70's. It pivoted up and down and the top could be spun sideways for different sounds. It got hung up and I took it apart to clean it and it had long blond hair wound around the moving parts, like 3 foot long strands of hair. I envisioned some guy going "wow man my hair is tangled up in my wah wah. bummer man."

hahahahahahah!!! classic. :thu:

• Members

My first two pedals ever were the Studio Series Chorus and Distortion pedals (actually the distortion link is for Loco Box, but it's essentially the exact same pedal as my Studio Series). The distortion is meh, but when Andy Summers isn't touring, he lives in the chorus pedal. :cool:

I borrowed them indefinitely from an old friend of mine like 11 years ago, and I still have them. They each have a sticker with his old address on it too. :D

Archived