Dear Mr Zachary Vex

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Salesman: Mind you I don't know whether you've really considered the advantages of owning a really fine set of modern encyclopaedias...

a woman washing dishes feels a sharp pain in her hand.at that very same moment,her son is surprise-buttsecksed.is this coincidence,or supernatural?

• Members

well, first off, they have exactly the same words as every other encyclopedia but cost 3x as much. Also, the "salesman" needs someone else to read the words when he gives a demonstration.

but that's not all!

I haven't, tell me more/)

• Members

Ok...so i bought one......

Fantastic with both my Cornell plexi and the tremolux.... alone or with them in stereo..... instant rock...

Shines at gig volumes - where it sounds a lot gainier... has that great old plexi thing whereby it's not that high gain or distorted , but sounds it..

Makes everything sound better and easier to play than most dirt boxes of mid gain.. and works equally as well with a strat or les paul with just a twist of the tone knob...

Love It!

• Members
BS170s are MOSFETs. Not FETs. One is not the other. If one were to completely generalize, one might say all transistors are the same because they're transistors. In reality, there are many different types, most of which have 3 leads, that basically can be substituted in one way or another for each other with varying quality to the results. But that defeats the purpose of defining them in the first place, with designations such as Germanium Bipolar, Silicon Bipolar, Germanium FET (rare and old), Silicon FET (modern), Silicon MOSFET... the list goes on.

Hence the Caucasians v.s. Asians comment directed at p'imp above. For example, this Kalash girl is from Pakistan, which is in Southern Asia, but she's Caucasian. She's Asian in origin but Caucasian in race. So you can see, a MOSFET may operate in a way that is similar to a conventional FET because they both use field effect as part of their operation, but they are constructed in totally different ways and are biased into the audio operating range, as a result, using different methods, so one is not the other. A MOSFET transistor is not a FET by definition when referring to construction. A MOSFET does use field effect like a conventional FET in order to accomplish amplification and switching. By the same token, a FET is not a MOSFET.

Kalashg.jpg

seriously. that's got to be one of the most idiotic explanations of fets I've ever read.

• Members
8^)

sorry Z, I'm just not sure where you got your info on fets.... the schem of the bor and the circuit has bs170's in it, all cascaded. Just seems a bit misleading.
Actually, sort of just a couple of SHO's cascaded into the BSIAB tone control (same values, actually a big muff style) with the same low pass filters. :)

carry on.
:thu:

• Members

Ok...so i bought one......

Fantastic with both my Cornell plexi and the tremolux.... alone or with them in stereo..... instant rock...

Shines at gig volumes - where it sounds a lot gainier... has that great old plexi thing whereby it's not that high gain or distorted , but sounds it..

Makes everything sound better and easier to play than most dirt boxes of mid gain.. and works equally as well with a strat or les paul with just a twist of the tone knob...

Love It!

Knew you'd like it!

The BOR and the EHX Holy Grail have been the only constants on my board for the last 12 months. While other pedals come and go and come again (and some fantastic pedals too, btw) I've found no reason to even contemplate removing the BOR.

The only pedal I have that has come anywhere close to challenging the BOR on my board is my T-Rex Moller, which is very good, but not AS good.

For Sale: T-Rex Moller

• Members
we never find the ultimate pedal, the euphoria wears off and and the temptations start over
:cry:

Still, sounds cool, might pick one up later
:thu:

I beg to differ!

I've had my miaudio tube zone since 2004 and to this very day avoid eye contact with it because I will sit down and waste hours playing with it every time I walk past it otherwise.

3 years of knowing I will never need another dirt box, and many more to go.

• Members

Knew you'd like it!

The BOR and the EHX Holy Grail have been the only constants on my board for the last 12 months. While other pedals come and go and come again (and some fantastic pedals too, btw) I've found no reason to even contemplate removing the BOR.

The only pedal I have that has come anywhere close to challenging the BOR on my board is my T-Rex Moller, which is very good, but not AS good.

For Sale: T-Rex Moller

8^) Thanks!

• 5 months later...

Archived