Dear Mr Zachary Vex

• Members

Zach - being as you're here....quick question...i'm on the verge of buying one it's in checkout phase :) With a strat and a clean ish amp on the verge of breakup ...song wise (it's the only way i can think...) what sort of levels of gain can i expect with it dimed....I wont hold you to it!? ta la! I love all the sounds i've heard

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Zach - being as you're here....quick question...i'm on the verge of buying one it's in checkout phase
:)
With a strat and a clean ish amp on the verge of breakup ...song wise (it's the only way i can think...) what sort of levels of gain can i expect with it dimed....I wont hold you to it!? ta la! I love all the sounds i've heard

It's not terribly gainy. Users have posted their opinions about this quite a bit in this forum.

• Members

order:

Marshall Jackhammer in OD mode

Fulltone OCD version 1

Z Vex Box of Rock Vexter

That's a good order, 'pimp. If you keep the BOR at the end like that, you can enjoy its amp-like response to other overdrive/distortion pedals and such.

• Members
That's a good order, 'pimp. If you keep the BOR at the end like that, you can enjoy its amp-like response to other overdrive/distortion pedals and such.

Mr. Vex -The fact that you are even responding is suprising to me..... Just challenge him to a duel!

And Mr. Pimp, for the record, you are an IGNORANT individual..... You try to speak as an educated man but PLEASE.... PLEASE stick to losing duels.... You try so.... so hard..... (oh and the 3rd world thanks you for your support)

PS- Im still waiting for that baloney sandwich from your mom.:love:

Normally, I wouldn't respond but Mr. Pimp's ignorance and propensity for juvenile annoyance has become wearing at best. If you don't like it - LETS DUEL!:eek:

• Members

I tried that, it didn't seem very amp like, it sounded just like any other dirt pedal...

I'll stick to real tube amps for my "amp-like" response, not some imaginary marketing mumbo jumbo.

certainly doesn't sound any more "amp-like" in those clips either. Interesting...

• Members

heheh, I 'm sure you must huff a lot of baloney...

gotta pay the bills somehow eh? :thu:

Mr. Vex -The fact that you are even responding is suprising to me..... Just challenge him to a duel!

And Mr. Pimp, for the record, you are an IGNORANT individual..... You try to speak as an educated man but PLEASE.... PLEASE stick to losing duels.... You try so.... so hard..... (oh and the 3rd world thanks you for your support)

PS- Im still waiting for that baloney sandwich from your mom.
:love:

Normally, I wouldn't respond but Mr. Pimp's ignorance and propensity for juvenile annoyance has become wearing at best. If you don't like it - LETS DUEL!
:eek:

• Members

so does the clip in question compare all three like "here they all are with the tone knobs at 6 and and the drive knobs at 1, 4, 7, and 11 ;)," so you get a good feel of how they go through their paces and they all sound similar, or is it "here they all are sounding the same with at one setting, that neither sounds good or gives a setting you would probably use out of the pedals in question" ?

Because if it is the latter i can make a DS-1 sound sound alot like a muff, but it is a completely unusuable {censored} setting i would never set either for and would do little to sway people to believe that they are pretty much clones of each other. :cry:

• Members
"here they all are sounding the same with at one setting, that neither sounds good or gives a setting you would probably use out of the pedals in question" ?

that is what i thought was going on too...but i was afraid to make robopimp mad at me because he might hit me in my human body.:cry:

:)

• Members

What type of loser comes onto a thread thanking a guy who makes a pedal to start having a go at the said pedal maker!?

RoboGimp, take your agenda somewhere other losers give a {censored}.

If it is constructive (and not bull{censored} 'constructive') and not agenda driven I have no problem with issues/criticisms being raised, but a lot of us here appreciate the fact we can talk directly to many pedal makers and don't appreciate you and yours endangering this arrangement with your bollocks.

Please do one.

• Members

you guys shouldn't feel bad. i'm sure he's spent thousands on {censored}ty gear that cost a fortune too. luckily his brain has gotten bigger to compensate for the loss of brain cell numbers. thus is evolution of the pimper.

Archived