Dear Mr Zachary Vex

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

we never find the ultimate pedal, the euphoria wears off and and the temptations start over
:cry:

Still, sounds cool, might pick one up later
:thu:

I dunno. I think if I keep in mind that I always wanted the plexi sound, and apart from the real amp itself, this is probably the best plexi sound money can buy, and that no box out there is going to better it, then I've not got a problem...

• Members

I have the BoR since last september and since, every other pedal has to go throught this one

It s a dream for rythms and fuzz pedal

Do you have it last in your dirt chain? I've not had the chance to experiment yet, but I think that's where I'll be putting it. What pedals do you run into it? And what kind of results are you getting?

• Members

Do you have it last in your dirt chain? I've not had the chance to experiment yet, but I think that's where I'll be putting it. What pedals do you run into it? And what kind of results are you getting?

Last in my dirt chain :

Strat > Fuzz (Factory) set for a kinda Fuzz Face sound > Wah Probe > Eternity for some leads > BOR as main sound > Lo Fi Loop Junky > Blues Jr set clean.

I could use only the Fuzz and the BoR, magic combo for plexi sounds with Strat guitar vol turned back to 8,75 if you have a strat u know what i'm talking about :eek:;)

So I use theBoR as my AMP :

- BoR alone

- BoR with E for some leads or big rythms

- BoR with FF for leads or plexi rythms.

At appartment levels, it couldnt be happier

:love:

• Members

Last in my dirt chain :

Strat > Fuzz (Factory) set for a kinda Fuzz Face sound > Wah Probe > Eternity for some leads > BOR as main sound > Lo Fi Loop Junky > Blues Jr set clean.

I could use only the Fuzz and the BoR, magic combo for plexi sounds with Strat guitar vol turned back to 8,75 if you have a strat u know what i'm talking about
:eek:;)

So I use theBoR as my AMP :

- BoR alone

- BoR with E for some leads or big rythms

- BoR with FF for leads or plexi rythms.

At appartment levels, it couldnt be happier

Yeah, this is basically my plan. I think this is definately the way to use the BOR - put it last and always leave it on, so it is like an amp, and it is your definitive sound. Then I shall run my BD-2 into it for ryhthm stuff mostly, and my muff and DS-1 for heavy lead stuff. Then I'll use the boost for solo boosts and probably use it for boosting my cleans to make up for any slight signal loss...

• Members

This picture deserves quoting!

The Fuzz Factory doesn't sound so much my cup of tea, but it is still teh sexy...!

I am really tempted by this box of rock. It seems that a fuzz through a marshall amp sounds better than what I have right now as a rig. Got the fuzz factory, now I need a BoR. It does sound sooo tempting :mad:

• Members

I know it seems alot. I have never brought boutique before, and it's quite likely I never will again. I haven't got alot of money by any stretch of the imagination, but as a one off purchase, I think it's worth it...

Mmm...Sadly I'm skint. Plus if I *was* going to be dropping that kind of cash on a single pedal, it'll either be a DMM or a looper of some kind...

Sam

• Members

Zvex only claims this is a "plexi in a box" when used with a real plexi... which is silly because any pedal sounds like a plexi when played through a plexi...

I believe it's a cascaded fet design much like many other "amp in a box" pedals, nothing magical really.

Also, from what I have heard it sounds very similar to the marshall jackhammer which is probably about 1/3 the price.

• Members

I bought a Vexter BoR, and it was more than I would normally spend on a pedal, but hell, it's 2 pedals in 1 really. An awesome 'Distortron' pedal and the best boost I've ever had. I won't part with this one... :thu:

• Members

Zvex only claims this is a "plexi in a box" when used with a real plexi... which is silly because any pedal sounds like a plexi when played through a plexi...

I believe it's a cascaded fet design much like many other "amp in a box" pedals, nothing magical really.

Also, from what I have heard it sounds very similar to the marshall jackhammer which is probably about 1/3 the price.

I think what he means by this is that yes, it's never gonna sound EXACTLY like a plexi unless you are indeed using it to drive a plexi, but it's still gonna sound pretty marshally through most other stuff.

I've played a jackhammer and own a Marshall Guvnor II and while both are okay pedals, they are a bit 'meh' and don't really live with the Box Of Rock IMO...

Archived