$118 ? Awesome!!!!!

Fender&EHX4ever

• Members

If it was an honest mistake I may have paid them the dealer cost amount if I had the cash, but how hard is it to double check an ebay auction before putting it up? Especially with the software these places must be using.

Yeah it sucks for the dealer, but thats his JOB to get the numbers right! Incompetence cannot negate a legal contract...I dont think. I'm incompent in law :D

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

A day may come when you make a mistake on eBay, and you'll wish that the buyer or seller has mercy on you.

That should be reason enough.

I'm sorry I ever posted this thread. I honestly thought they were going for $118, but now I've inadvertantly started some bad energy. :mad:

• Members

A day may come when you make a mistake on eBay, and you'll wish that the buyer or seller has mercy on you.

I'm sorry I ever posted this thread. I honestly thought they were going for $118, but now I've inadvertantly started some bad energy.
:mad:

lol, you practically started a riot!! :lol:

I don't really understand how they made the mistake, when I list something it appears in my ebay a little while before it even appears in a search. I've listed stuff wrong before and either noticed before I hit the 'list item' button, or noticed as soon as I did. It all seems a bit wierd to me. I think it was only a few, I wouldn't worry..... it might even turn out to be a positive for them if it gets great reviews on here!

Like you say, you didn't know...don't feel mad. :thu:

• Members
lol, you practically started a riot!!
:lol:

I don't really understand how they made the mistake, when I list something it appears in my ebay a little while before it even appears in a search. I've listed stuff wrong before and either noticed before I hit the 'list item' button, or noticed as soon as I did. It all seems a bit wierd to me. I think it was only a few, I wouldn't worry..... it might even turn out to be a positive for them if it gets great reviews on here!

Like you say, you didn't know...don't feel mad.
:thu:

I just hope that everyone who holds Online Guitars to the price will give them shining feedback and sing their praises all over HC for being such incredible sports about it all. That's mandatory; but the right thing to do is offer to retract the bid.

• Members

Personally, I completely disagree with that logic.

Its like showing up to work at Noon, when you were supposed to be there at 7. Dip{censored}, know your schedule.

How do you "learn from your mistakes" when someone lets you off the hook?

Congrats to those who scored one. Im jealous.

• Members

Lets say I accidentally miss-read a BIN price, and I go ahead and use BIN to end an auction.

I read it as $200, but it was actually $299. I dont notice it until after I end the auction. That would be a pretty stupid mistake.

As the buyer, I would still be expected to pay for the item. The same should apply to the seller in this case.

Live and learn.

• Members
Lets say I accidentally miss-read a BIN price, and I go ahead and use BIN to end an auction.

I read it as $200, but it was actually $299. I dont notice it until after I end the auction. That would be a pretty stupid mistake.

As the buyer, I would still be expected to pay for the item. The same should apply to the seller in this case.

Live and learn.

:thu:

• Members

I am surprised he is shipping out on Monday. That was fast - cuz I was at the Electro Harmonix factory on Aus 21st, had a tour with Mike Matthews and asked him about this pedal (cuz I really want one too). They hadn't even begun production yet, not till "later in September" or so he hoped. So in the last 2 weeks, they (EHX) really must have ramped up this pedal, or this dude on ebay is lying.

• Members

Well, I said it before but I'll make it clearer...

The seller sent me an email saying "Item will ship Monday."

There was no message about an incorrect price. Actually, there was nothing else at all other than a prompt response to my payment. Truth is, if I'd never read the rest of this thread I would have never known that there was any problem. If the store made a mistake and wants to talk about it, that's fine. I would probably retract my bid and move on... its not that big of a deal to me. Otherwise, I've been waiting for this thing to come out and $118 seemed like a good opportunity.

• Members

Not long ago, I saw an item on eBay that I was gassing for. The description was in German, but it shipped worldwide. I bid over $100 on it, and then later realized that the item was missing essential components from it. I contacted the seller, and the seller sympathized with my mistake, and graciously cancelled my bid for me.

After that incident, I now know how it feels to be on the other side of the fence, and I was grateful that someone else felt merciful toward me instead of putting my nose to the hard line.

• Members

Not long ago, I saw an item on eBay that I was gassing for. The description was in German, but it shipped worldwide. I bid over $100 on it, and then later realized that the item was missing essential components from it. I contacted the seller, and the seller sympathized with my mistake, and graciously cancelled my bid for me.

After that incident, I now know how it feels to be on the other side of the fence, and I was grateful that someone else felt merciful toward me instead of putting my nose to the hard line.

I agree with you. I would love to get one of these Memory Mans for $118, but I would feel guilty knowing that they are losing quite a bit of money on the transaction. It's just not good business....

• Members

I wouldn't feel guilty if I were one of the lucky five. The seller is a high volume dealer. He's gotten a ton of free advertising because of this "mistake" and can simply consider it a loss leader, which is common practice in B&M stores. If he has a decent accountant, the difference between selling price and cost will be deducted at tax time.

How many people do you think have added him to their favorite sellers list because he's apparently the dealer that can get you the hot new EHX pedals before anyone else?

If this were a regular guy who made a mistake, it would be a different story.

• Members

He's gotten a ton of free advertising because of this "mistake" and can simply consider it a loss leader, which is common practice in B&M stores. If he has a decent accountant, the difference between selling price and cost will be deducted at tax time.

How many people do you think have added him to their favorite sellers list because he's apparently the dealer that can get you the hot new EHX pedals before anyone else?

That's a positive outlook, and I hope that is the case.

• Members

As far as I'm concerned, there is no moral dilemna here. The store has not communicated any error with me. I'm tempted to email them and ask them if this is a mistake... not necessarily from a price standpoint, but availability. I'm more concerned that they are not actually in stock. Quit trying to make me feel guilty :)

• Members
then what's the diff between the normal one

The "normal" Stereo Memory Man is an analog delay with about 300 ms of delay time and two outputs that are 90 degrees out of phase to one another. It uses a 24V DC power supply and is damn big.

The new Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai is a multifunction digital delay with presets, reverse, 30 seconds of looping, modulation, tap tempo, SOS, ping pong delays, and a tone filter. It uses a regular 9V power supply and is not damn big.

Otherwise, they are exactly different.

:wave:

• Members
The "normal" Stereo Memory Man is an analog delay with about 300 ms of delay time and two outputs that are 90 degrees out of phase to one another. It uses a 24V DC power supply and is damn big.

The new Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai is a multifunction digital delay with presets, reverse, 30 seconds of looping, modulation, tap tempo, SOS, ping pong delays, and a tone filter. It uses a regular 9V power supply and is not damn big.

Otherwise, they are exactly different.

:wave:

ah cool. Mostly, these benefit from having two amps? Or can you use stereo with an amp with two inputs? I never really understood the stereo thing.. :-

• Members

Personally, I completely disagree with that logic.

Its like showing up to work at Noon, when you were supposed to be there at 7. Dip{censored}, know your schedule.

How do you "learn from your mistakes" when someone lets you off the hook?

Congrats to those who scored one. Im jealous.

I don't think the buyer is going to forgive you either

Archived