OT-I don't care what any of you say, this is HOT...

C Fuzz

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She's a poor drummer with a weird head....I don't get it!

You are right, you don't get it. I really believe those that think she sucks as a drummer just don't "get it". Her drumming style totally blows my {censored}ing mind. It is perfect.

• Members

I think her drumming sucks because it always feels like she's just about to totally {censored} up and lose the beat. It's one thing to play simply in the pocket and make it effortlessly flow. Charlie Watts, Ringo, whoever the hell from Ac/Dc, Max Weinberg (when he's with the Boss) were all masters of that style, but it's another thing to play that way and make it sound difficult. Meg makes it sound like she's really having to concentrate to pull everything off.

• Members

*waits for the next person who doesn't understand what TWS's music is about to post their opinion on how meg sucks as a drummer*

sigh...

I think I made a pretty good case, so you can climb down from that high horse and accept that some people can "understand" their music and still think she's a crap drummer.

• Members

I think I made a pretty good case, so you can climb down from that high horse and accept that some people can "understand" their music and still think she's a crap drummer.

I know you made valid points, and the points you made show that you don't understand their music. The reason why Jack likes her drumming is because it suits the style he's going for; something that sounds like it's falling apart but isn't... almost jazz like IMO. That's what their music is all about... and why Jack tells her not to practice. But you know what... no matter how many vids I've seen, and the concerts I've been to, her drumming was always tight, and she never misses a beat, or even {censored}s up FTM.

Although I don't agree with what you say, I'll fight to the death your right to say it... I just get annoyed with the inevitable, and classic TWS thread post that her drumming sucks. If she was always {censored}ing up, and couldn't keep a beat I'd agree with that, but she's a bare bones, no frills drummer who can keep a beat better then most, so she's OK in my book.

I think all of our horses are a little higher then they should be... don't you?

Archived