Wattson Classic Electronics Superfuzz (with clips!)

echodeluxe

• Members

UPDATES AS OF Tuesday, March 11th:

Pictures of the Wattsons Classic Electronics SuperFuzz are on page 14. Check them out!

wattson-fx.com is up and running, complete with a forum!!

infor about the SuperFuzz givaway are on the last page (16) of this thread!!!

-Christopher and Jim,

Wattson Classic Electronics

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

okay, to seriously answer your question, i dont know yet.

i am trying to figure out how to keep costs down, so that it wont be very expensive. you will have the option to build it yourself or have it prebuilt for you.

right now we are deciding on an enclosure and some other key things.

i can give ya'll a ballpark after we have built the first few protos, so give me a week or so.

ALSO:

if you have any features you would want to see on a superfuzz, let me know. and no, we cannot add tap tempo. it just wouldnt work.

• Members

You've been testing the waters on a bunch of pedal ideas lately. Got any leaning toward what you'll end up marketing? Is it going to be super-limited workshop type stuff that's sold only on the forums?

The features I want in an analog delay: Exp. pedal jack for delay time and feedback, 500-600 ms, nice controllable oscillation, not too dark to make the oscillations get muddy immediately, as small as possible, delays trail off (I don't know if this is possible), low noise, overall pleasing quality of the echo sound, and good headroom.

• Members

You've been testing the waters on a bunch of pedal ideas lately. Got any leaning toward what you'll end up marketing? Is it going to be super-limited workshop type stuff that's sold only on the forums?

well, i addressed your analog delay wants in the delay thread...

and no, these will be full production pedals. im doing market research right now, so you guys get to help me out. you guys tell me what you want, and i try to implement these things in a way that is cost effective and makes sense. im gonna try to get some good pedals out there (clones and new) that arent all "boutique-y" and what i mean is, pedals that arent all high and mighty and dont have features you need. they may be a little pricey initially, but they will have tons of features.

im tired of people saying "man i love this pedal but i wish it had this..."

or when i see a pedal i get excited about and i realize they left out a feature that seemed like total common sense to me.

im not gonna badmouth any pedal makers or try to be all mr bigshot pedal builder because i wont be focusing on pedals forever. we are working on prototyping our first line of amps (yeah, im an amp guy) and in the meantime while we wait on the UL labs and such, i decided to try to start a line of pedals.

first pedal out will be a univox super fuzz clone (exact). we are working the particulars of that pedal out now. the next one (i hope) will be an analog delay based on the MN3207 BBD, and will feature some cool stuff that hasnt really been implemented on alot of analog delays, and im gonna try to keep it affordable.

ill keep you all updated:thu:

Christopher,

The Amp Surgeon

• Members

YES! I'd totally buy one. I've been begging various builders to do one for years.
:wave:

im glad you are excited!

i am VERY excited as this is turning out to be super fun and there will finally be a great super fuzz clone out there.

i did some number crunching and it looks like we will be able to sell these direct for around $120. how does that sound to you guys?

vintage super fuzz pedals have been selling on ebay up to like $500!!!

let me know what you guys think.

Archived