Wattson Classic Electronics Superfuzz (with clips!)

echodeluxe

• Members

So what size box was the Hammond that you had the original in, just because I'm curious.

Also, would it be possible to special order one with the Hammond enclosure instead of the vintage-style one?

The Hammond box was 6" x 3 1/4". It looks a little smaller in the pictures because we used large knobs and a large perfboard. This is 1/2" shorter in each dimension than the original Shin-ei chassis.

We don't have plans to offer it in a brick chassis, but we DO have plans to release a "compact" version which is sized to fit more comfortably on a crowded pedal board. The shape will basically be the same - it will just be shorter and narrower. We're in the design phase on the compact version now. Stay tuned...

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Any word on the UK shipping?

If thats sorted then sign me up for one as soon as they are ready.

The first lot of 20 pedals will not be available for shipment to the UK, or anywhere else in the EU, unfortunately. I wrote about this on our website, blog, but just to reiterate...

The transistors and diodes we're using are not RoHS compliant. We were told by our supplier that the RoHS compliant versions were not available yet, but that compliant parts would be available in the near future.

We contacted the manufacturer of the parts and discovered that they have been making RoHS compliant versions of these parts for a few years now. It turns out our supplier is simply trying to dispose of their remaining stock of non-compliant parts, and we got stuck with some of them.

Because we've nearly exhausted the funds we initially have available for this venture, we have no choice but to use the parts we've stocked for the first production run. However, we HAVE located a supplier that can provide us with the RoHS compliant parts, and we'll be restocking from them for the second production run. At that point, the pedals will be fully RoHS compliant, and we'll be able to ship them to the UK and other EU countries.

We're expecting to begin our second production run in the 3rd week of April.

• Members

I just want to remind everyone that there are only TEN (10) days left to submit your essay for the SuperFuzz contest!!! No submissions will be taken after midnight on the 21st of March!!!

So, hury up and get those submissions in!

after we have recieved them, they will be put up on our forums to vote. so, it would also be beneficial to you to sign up for our forums as well!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived