The Weird Fishes/Arpeggi Appreciation Thread

Fender&EHX4ever

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Haha. I actually really like that part of the song. Well, I like a lot of other things about it, too, but that's a cool part. That other weird percussion part towards the end is so random it almost sounds like someone typing slowly (bonus points for Pavement reference).

It's cool, but it goes on throughout the entire song which is the part that bugs me. If it could just be there for a few measures I'd be set. :) And I actually really like the out of time drumming at the end there... good stuff.

The album definitely grows on you each time you listen to it. Fa shure sm57.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

My boxset was allegedly dispatched two weeks ago, but it still has not arrived. I feel like the kid in "A Christmas Story" waiting for my decoder.

I love this album to death (replayed it more than any album in years), but I am becoming agitated with everything surrounding this boxset.

The appearance was given that one would receive the album well before it ended up in stores

• Members
My boxset was allegedly dispatched two weeks ago, but it still has not arrived. I feel like the kid in "A Christmas Story" waiting for my decoder.

I love this album to death (replayed it more than any album in years), but I am becoming agitated with everything surrounding this boxset.

The appearance was given that one would receive the album well before it ended up in stores

• Members

thats my fav song on the album.

and i love all 3 versions they've done.

i nearly wet myself the first time i heard it. :love:

does anyone have a really good version of it from that Ether festival ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0MI3gtaqfY

Dont wanna go off thread but this is also one of my fav's, i love the album version, but him doing it on his own is so powerful and intense.

• Members

My boxset arrived today -- 17 days after the dispatch notice email. To be fair, the email said it could take up to 18 days to be delivered. I reside in Southern Illinois (USA).

My initial inspection does not reveal any damage.

The second/bonus disc is 26:55 long. Regarding this second disc, for me, Down Is The New Up, Up On The Ladder and Go Slowly are the immediate standouts.

That is not to say the other songs are of lesser quality, they just did not grab me immediately like these three and the main album. I am somewhat indifferent about them at the moment.

Up On The Ladder sounds like it should have been on the Thief album. Kind of hard to explain, but it seems like it would

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

All I Need was my favorite song on my first listen-through, but it's back down in the middle of the pack now. Weird Fishes, Jigsaw, and Bodysnatchers are the highlights for me. When he comes in with the, "I'll hit the bottom and escape" part, it's just so emotional, it's amazing.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived