The Weird Fishes/Arpeggi Appreciation Thread

Fender&EHX4ever

• Members

Yup. Amazing song. Amazing album.

Time will tell, but I could easily see this becoming my favorite Radiohead album. I just cannot get enough of it.

Yes. In Rainbows is definitely my favorite now. I'm not sure why, but this song, and this album strike a chord in me more deeply than any of the others. Not to get all melodramatic about it, but there's some kind of bittersweet tragic truth buried in there.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 9 months later...
  • Members

Ranking of best to worst imo. This was extremely difficult for me because all of them kick a huge amount of ass.
1) House of Cards
2) Nude
3) All I Need
4) Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
5) Jigsaw Falling Into Place
6) Reckoner
7) Faust Arp
8) Videotape
9) Fifteen Step
10) Bodysnatchers

• Members

In Rainbows is my absolute favorite Radiohead album. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi sticks out as a standout track. I have 4200+ songs in iTunes and yet, I cannot keep myself from wanting to listen to In Rainbows daily.

I must also say that when I listen to Radiohead, I get this feeling like I am on top of the world, rather peculiar considering that Radiohead arent exactly the most "up" band in the world.

No matter what, In Rainbows still makes me feel amazing, no matter what Im going through.

• Members

Ranking of best to worst imo. This was extremely difficult for me because all of them kick a huge amount of ass.

1) House of Cards

2) Nude

3) All I Need

4) Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

5) Jigsaw Falling Into Place

6) Reckoner

7) Faust Arp

8) Videotape

9) Fifteen Step

10) Bodysnatchers

Wow! you really thought this through.

Here's my ranking:

1. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

2. Jigsaw Falling Into Place

3. House of Cards

4. Bodysnatchers

5. All I Need

6. Nude

7. Reckoner

8. Fifteen Step

9. Faust Arp

10. Videotape

• Members

Wow! you really thought this through.

Here's my ranking:

1. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

2. Jigsaw Falling Into Place

3. House of Cards

4. Bodysnatchers

5. All I Need

6. Nude

7. Reckoner

8. Fifteen Step

9. Faust Arp

10. Videotape

Interesting... I had Bodysnatchers last; I don't particularly like it, it doesn't really fit the vibe that every song off of 'In Rainbows' has: chill, effect drenched, thought out, no grit, pure sex music. I feel like if it were a song off 'The Bends' it would be much better.

• Members

I get this feeling like I am on top of the world, rather peculiar considering that Radiohead arent exactly the most "up" band in the world.

Interesting. It's a bittersweet album for me, which is the mood of all of my favorite albums. I like melancholy. It's probably my favorite emotion.

"Jigsaw" however sends me into orbit. That song surges in a way that Radiohead rarely reach.

• Members

Interesting. It's a bittersweet album for me, which is the mood of all of my favorite albums. I like melancholy. It's probably my favorite emotion.

"Jigsaw" however sends me into orbit. That song surges in a way that Radiohead rarely reach.

whats weirder is that if I feel bad about something, and I listen to something that is about a similar event, I feel worse and end up depressing everyone I see for the next week...but if I hear In Rainbows, or even OKC, I feel great and actually am able to turn something bad around and learn from it.

• Members
Interesting... I had Bodysnatchers last; I don't particularly like it, it doesn't really fit the vibe that every song off of 'In Rainbows' has: chill, effect drenched, thought out, no grit, pure sex music. I feel like if it were a song off 'The Bends' it would be much better.

Makes sense, but I'm completely spellbound by the section

"has the light gone out for you, because the light's gone out for me. It's the 21st century"

That single guitar note just hangs there, and everything builds into this crescendo that sends me spinning. :rawk:

It just makes me want to crash into flames. :o

• Members

whats weirder is that if I feel bad about something, and I listen to something that is about a similar event, I feel worse and end up depressing everyone I see for the next week...but if I hear In Rainbows, or even OKC, I feel great and actually am able to turn something bad around and learn from it.

Cheers to that!!!! I have to say it's one of the greatest albums ever. I don't say that lightly.

• Members
Makes sense, but I'm completely spellbound by the section

"has the light gone out for you, because the light's gone out for me. It's the 21st century"

That single guitar note just hangs there, and everything builds into this crescendo that sends me spinning.
:rawk:

It just makes me want to crash into flames.
:o

definately the best part of the song. :thu:

• Members

in rainbows is definitely my #1, followed by okc.

+ several thousand googol. The album has this vibe to it that is so...heavenly, especially Videotape. that song is, to me, the closest thing to a perfect description of purgatory I have ever heard.

• Members

Gotta say I resisted it for a long time simply due to hype, but holy {censored} it's been a LONG time since I've been so enchanted by the overall feel/vibe of an album.

The guitars on it are exactly what I've been trying to play for a few years now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I had to have listened to In Rainbows 15 times the first few days I had it. It's easily one of my top 5 CD's. The album is just perfect.

I have to say that "Nude" is my favorite song on the CD though. That reverb drenched raked arpeggio in the "chorus" section is Godly.

yea, I've kinda changed my mind on the House of Cards being #1. Nude is such a fantastic song in every way. I love Jonny's clean tone where he fingernails the string. So awesome.

Archived