What''s coming in 2008?

Goominim

• Members

1. 4ms Tremulus Lune kit

2. BYOC 5 knob compressor kit

3. Already got my SMMH

4. (hopefully) Lavaman ELC cable and plugs so I can re-wire my board.

5. Oh yeah, also bought myself an OCD

damn, you guys are killing me!!!! For the longest time I was just running my guitar, MESA, and a Tube Screamer. Now, I've made a few pedals, had my dad make me a sweet pedal board, and I have crazy effects. Here's the last pic of my board (I'll post an updated pic after x-mas) - the footswitch buttons on the lower right are all for my amp. I installed those myself. The jacks are on the right side. That blue cable is a CAT-6 cable that I use to hook up to my amp. Badass, huh? Want one? My dad and I are figuring out ways to sell them at a reasonable cost (w/ out the footswtiches - but I'd like to be able to customize them as well. I'm already looking into boards w/ bypass loops built in!). (Check out This Link for more detailed pics. This is our prototype. We already have some ideas to sell this pretty cheap - it'll include the transformer, cord, and additional outlets. PM me if you're interested)

DSCF0223%20-%20small.jpg

• Members

dap99,

Just the opposite here. I'm paring down my collection to just one overdrive pedal. It's the BJFE Honey Bee.

As for the other pedals I have, I'm going to sell most of them off, if not all of them. The more I play acoustic, the more nuanced dynamics/tone I demand from my electric. Don't get me wrong, I love those crazy effects of mine, like my DeArmond Tremolo Control and Echoplex, but they're getting in the way of song writing.

• Members
dap99,

Just the opposite here. I'm paring down my collection to just one overdrive pedal. It's the BJFE Honey Bee.

As for the other pedals I have, I'm going to sell most of them off, if not all of them. The more I play acoustic, the more nuanced dynamics/tone I demand from my electric. Don't get me wrong, I love those crazy effects of mine, like my DeArmond Tremolo Control and Echoplex, but they're getting in the way of song writing.

Agreed, it's a pendulum I believe. I started w/ mutliple effects until I got a good amp. Then I sold off a lot of them and forgot about the others in my closet. Now I'm back into them, but I'm finding that the current project I'm involved in doesn't require my uber-board. I like effects, but I'm a straight ahead player so I really only want to use them as subtle textures (which I do), but it does look kinda silly on stage w/ this board and I don't really use them that much. I can totally see eventually scaling down to just a 2-3 pedals. But for now, I'm having fun learning all the DIY stuff and talking about gear w/ the other dorks.:lol::lol::lol:

• Members

Isn't that what the XFL was or do you really want to see people dodging NERF missiles.

the XFL had nothing to do with American Gladiators.

People dodging NERF missiles is EXACTLY what I'm talking about...and the game was "Assault"

• Members

the XFL had nothing to do with American Gladiators.

People dodging NERF missiles is EXACTLY what I'm talking about...and the game was "Assault"

What's the game-show when the kids lose they get green-goo dumped on them?

I want that back, but without the game part.

• Members

I think im going to invest in some pedals. EHX Stereo Electric Mistress, EXH Worm, and some type of delay.

NEXT Christmas i'm going to ask for a guitar. My sister's older now so my parents basically told me they're going to spend a lot more money on me :)

• Members
I think im going to invest in some pedals. EHX Stereo Electric Mistress, EXH Worm, and some type of delay.

NEXT Christmas i'm going to ask for a guitar. My sister's older now so my parents basically told me they're going to spend a lot more money on me
:)

Until they have another kid. If I were you I'd give my dad a lifetime supply of rubbers just in case. Gotta' think about the pedals, man.

Archived