New Tele Pickups.. Need help!

DanJep

• Members

I want new pickups for my tele. I've got vintage noiseless but I don't like them because they're lifeless and muddy. I REALLY want kinman pickups but can't afford them. The Duncan Vintage 54's seem to be the closest in sound. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Members

I had a 72 custom tele reissue with the stock pickup in the neck. But in the bridge position I put in duncan lil'59 with a push pull pot to split the coil for a single coil sound. What a great pickup. Seymour duncans always seem to get less mention when in the company of fralins, bardens, and all the other expensive pickups, but that lil'59 just sounds awsome in a tele. Not like a humbucker, but more like a really thick single coil with all that tele character, nice sustain, and sounds great when split also.

Damn, I wish I still had that guitar!

• Members

I had a 72 custom tele reissue with the stock pickup in the neck. But in the bridge position I put in duncan lil'59 with a push pull pot to split the coil for a single coil sound. What a great pickup. Seymour duncans always seem to get less mention when in the company of fralins, bardens, and all the other expensive pickups, but that lil'59 just sounds awsome in a tele. Not like a humbucker, but more like a really thick single coil with all that tele character, nice sustain, and sounds great when split also.

Damn, I wish I still had that guitar!

Came here to second that. I have a 59er in my strat in the bridge position and I love it. Very warm and fat but different from a humbucker. And if you use a Big Muff then bonus as this pickup is my favorite combo with the Big Muff, so meaty that it can sound like a synth at certain levels.

Too much fun.

• Members

VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS VOODOO PICKUPS

Archived