does eating weed actually get you high?

vamp hunter d

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Surely there must be downsides, right?

im interested in this too.I will assume,though,that since the glass ones he mentioned are apparently crap,the downside would be the price tag on something better.ill have to look into it as im assuming no combustion equals no tar

• Members
im interested in this too.I will assume,though,that since the glass ones he mentioned are apparently crap,the downside would be the price tag on something better.ill have to look into it as im assuming no combustion equals no tar

This is the quality vaporizer, but it will set you back like 500 bucks.

5028-RhiannonVolcano1.jpg

The vaporizer doesn't burn the stuff, just turns it into vapor, filling the bag up with the vapor, which is more or less THC w/o all the harmful stuff you get from actually burning the pot.

http://www.storz-bickel.com/vaporiser/vaporiser.html

The vaporizer gets you VERY VERY high!
Tried it at a party once, oh my...

• Members

I think there are a few reasons why vaporizers haven't caught on.

1. The good ones are ridiculously expensive
2. The cheap ones don't last very long
3. Taking away the smoke from the process removes a lot of the charm. I find it's not nearly as satisfying to inhale vapor as opposed to smoke. But that might be just because I used to smoke cigarettes. :)

• Members
I think there are a few reasons why vaporizers haven't caught on.

1. The good ones are ridiculously expensive

2. The cheap ones don't last very long

3. Taking away the smoke from the process removes a lot of the charm. I find it's not nearly as satisfying to inhale vapor as opposed to smoke. But that might be just because I used to smoke cigarettes.
:)

Someone needs to go Behringer on the volcano's ass. It is way overpriced. Me and some friends are building our own clone using a PIC controller and some custom-machined parts... but that is way overkill.

By the way, I've had the pleasure of using a volcano... it truly is the ultimate way to enjoy weed. Everything good that has been said is 100% correct - it uses less, it is more intense, it doesn't set off smoke alarms, it doesn't smell like weed (kinda), and it doesn't damage your lungs any more than inhaling any other gas (no carcinogens or particulates from the smoke)

• Members

Yeah man. Volcanoes are nice.

Let us know how it turns out. Maybe you could go into business if it works. They need a little competition.

What we might do is sell the "base" vapo part, because the interlocking nozzle system is very well-designed, plus you can buy every part but the base, including the bags, nozzle, screens, etc, for about $120. So if we could make a heating base and sell it for like $80-100 depending on costs...

• Members
I tried vapor once. It did the job but I was a little grossed out by the taste and smell. The weed was fine when smoked, but with the vaporizer it was like burnt microwave popcorn. But not in a good way.

{censored}ty vaporizers make weed taste like burnt popcorn. The Volcano has a heat setting, so you can set it to taste like the pure essence of the weed. No smokeyness, no burnt taste, etc. You really do get quality with the price.

I've tried other, cheaper vaporizers :freak: sickening!

• 3 years later...
  • Members
YES,very very high!

more so than smoking it in my long long long period of usage/experience/s

best way is to extract the THC into butter/margarine then use that in cookies,cakes and muffins.

:wave:

This. Yes, VERY high. I was tripping on weed one time - ate too many brownies. Somewhat unpleasantly so, as someone mentioned.
Careful.

• Members

people get "too high" from edibles because they don't wait long enough for them to take effect.

the onset of highness after smoking generally takes a few minutes, while edibles can take up to 90 minutes for the full effect to show itself.

this leads newbies to think that since they feel completely normal 20 minutes after eating some, they need to eat more. then an hour or so later it hits them way too hard.

or so i've read :poke:

• Members

people get "too high" from edibles because they don't wait long enough for them to take effect.

the onset of highness after smoking generally takes a few minutes, while edibles can take up to 90 minutes for the full effect to show itself.

this leads newbies to think that since they feel completely normal 20 minutes after eating some, they need to eat more. then an hour or so later it hits them way too hard.

or so i've read :poke:

even 20 mins is too long. smoke dat {censored} nukka.

• Members

As a knowledgeable stoner, this thread makes my head hurt. Bonus lulz at the person that said they used to eat hash.

If you're really serious about ingesting weed, you're best off with 2 methods: cannibutter or hash-oil. Butter is good if you need it for large cooking batches and can't be bothered with the extraction techniques of making hash oil. For smaller batches or single/double serving edibles though, hash oil is your friend. It can melt and bind into almost any kind of fat or oil, making it very easy to cook with, especially if you know how to heat-treat it to convert all of the THCa molecules into full THC before cooking. A little glob in some peanut butter between chocolate and ritz crackers then thrown in the oven will make you a zombie for multiple hours.

My favorite recipe: dump 1 glass of whole milk into a pot, throw in .25g of some hash/oil and a about a tsp of sugar. Heat the milk until the sugar melts and foams (stirring as you do so the hash melts in). The THC will bind the to fat in the milk as sugar's melting temp is just slightly higher than THC's. Let it cool, mix in some chocolate syrup or maybe throw it in a blender with some ice cream. Congrats, you have the bombest milkshake in the world.

*EDIT* I just realized immediately after posting how old this thread is. WHO THE {censored} WOULD DO THIS?!

Archived