does eating weed actually get you high?

vamp hunter d

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

just eat all of it when you think the cops are gonna find it. when they saw your drivers license and you can drive on be carefull.

friends of mine did that and ended up putting their whole (hotel-)room on the lawn as if it were inside and slept there. (each of them ate a hump of hasjiesh as big as a child's fist)

• Members

Can't remember how many times I've made weed brownies, and cookies but I never go sick off of eating the stuff... that's very bizarre??? Gets me high as {censored} though, and I enjoy it more than smoking it.

I did notice that my farts, and {censored} the next day smelled of pot though.

• Members

Everybody here that says you can get high by simply eating it is a complete noob.

You CANNOT get high by simply eating it. You need to simmer the weed in butter/oil or some sort of fat so the THC bonds to the fat. THC is not water soluble, its fat soluble, so it needs fat to release the THC from the leaves.

Smoking gets you high because the burning creates a chemical reaction that releases the THC.

I suggest making brownies, I've done it numerous times. You grind up the buds, simmer it in a stick of butter for 30min. Then make brownies according to the mix. Eat and enjoy.

• Members

Everybody here that says you can get high by simply eating it is a complete noob.

You CANNOT get high by simply eating it. You need to simmer the weed in butter/oil or some sort of fat so the THC bonds to the fat. THC is not water soluble, its fat soluble, so it needs fat to release the THC from the leaves.

Smoking gets you high because the burning creates a chemical reaction that releases the THC.

I suggest making brownies, I've done it numerous times. You grind up the buds, simmer it in a stick of butter for 30min. Then make brownies according to the mix. Eat and enjoy.

He's exactly right. Never eat the plant itself. Simmer in butter (good) or oil (even better) and replace that in your recipe. The longer the better, as long as you don't burn it (30min is fine for a small amount, up to 90min for more) - use a fair bit of weed, esp. if it is midgrade instead of really high-quality plant - generally for one batch of brownies that makes like 16 brownies, I use 1/4 oz or so.

• Members

jee... once I was given some cookies (hash or marijuana, dunno) after a gig in a festival in france...

I didnt know how strong they were, so I had 1..... watched some more bands, nothing happened so I had another one... nothing. So I head back to my hotel room and then......bang!!!!!

holy crap.... boy did I get stoned or what!!!!

for hours.... and hours... I tried to control and tone it down, but I got really {censored}ed, and watched simpsons for hours.... it was fuuuuuuuuuuun...scray fun!

• Members

you can get high from eating weed. the heat thing is not entirely true. applying heat (or fat) will make it quicker digested and thus bring on the effects a lot quicker. otherwise you have to wait for it to be absorbed by your stomach lining.

as far as eating as much as you would smoke, one thing to keep in mind is that regular lighters are actually too hot and burn off 50% off the thc. so you're in fact missing out on half your high. whereas eating it digest 100% of the thc which is why it is generally considered a more intense and full bodied high. at the same time it is practically impossible to OD on weed, unless you can consume over a pound in 30 minutes haha...

if you're concerned about the healthiness of smoking and don't feel like cooking or waiting to digest your herb you can try a vaporizor (however, avoid those cheap glass dome vaporizors as they are crap). it heats your herb to the boiling point of thc (190-210 degrees C) without combusting the plant. you only inhale vapor and no smoke. plus it's more intense, and requires less herb so it saves you money.

and i wouldn't worry about any stomach problems eating weed. if anything it calms queasiness and is a pain reliever. if anything you'd laugh a lot and then fall asleep!

education and moderation ladies and gentlemen!

• Members

Don't be such a {censored}. Go find a cow paddock at sunrise after rain (preferably sunny but moist) and eat some goddamn 'shrooms.

Weed is for old people.

{censored} man, I'm not cool enough to know people who sell shrooms....

man, I'm quite surprised this thread is still alive

• Members

I had some killer weed and it was very dry.I used a coffee grinder to make it into powder. Then I filled up a bunch of big pill jells. They were herbal pills that I emptied out. I took 4 pills on an empty stomach, rinsed them down with a beer.

My stomach started to feel crappy, but I definitely did get high. No doubt about it, I had a pot buzz going. I started to get paranoid, tried to make myself throw up. It was a bit unpleasant for a while. Then I went to bed.
The next day I said {censored} it and smoked up a couple of hits in my pipe... it was much better. That's the best way to get high, it's easier and more fun. It tastes and smells good and it's easier to control how much you take in. And you can spread it out by smoking small amounts every few hours. If you eat it you just get trashed... and that's it. It's more fun to SMOKE IT!!
:thu:

• Members

you can try a vaporizor (however, avoid those cheap glass dome vaporizors as they are crap). it heats your herb to the boiling point of thc (190-210 degrees C) without combusting the plant. you only inhale vapor and no smoke. plus it's more intense, and requires less herb so it saves you money.

Really? I remember reading about vaporizers a good long time ago, but I assumed since they weren't getting hugely popular (I don't know anyone who uses one), that they weren't all that impressive.... but that description sounds terrific. Surely there must be downsides, right?

Archived