Post your Pedalboard - 2008!

Daryl Chaney

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Got some new knobs on the way.

Hopefully within the next couple weeks I'll be able to afford an Akai Headrush and fit it in there somewhere.

board2-7-08.jpg

Way to go with the FX-17!!! :love::love::love::love::love:

We have something in common (a couple of things actually) --

n161501268_31041916_9857.jpg

• Members

Hey Erksin, tell us about the Varioboost.

I actually think of the VariO as a 'flavored' booster more than a straight up EQ. You can get treble booster tones, fat bottom or sparkley highs, or honking mids all with some gain and crunch if you want it. Depending on how much gain you dial in and what freq you choose to boost, it'll have plenty of gain on its own - way more gain than my HBOD for example, and almost as much as a cranked Timmy.

What is cool is that you can cut as well as boost freqs, so getting passable single coil tones from humbuckers etc is easy.

My fave setting right now is: Gain 1:00/Boost 3:00/Freq around 10:00 - does a nice imitation of a cranked tweed Champ.

• Members
Way to go with the FX-17!!!
:love:

We have something in common (a couple of things actually) --

n161501268_31041916_9857.jpg

4 things actually! I painted my TU-2 so it's hard to tell, and I've got a Fish&Chips sitting on top of my amp. Good {censored} meng. I really want a micro pog too. What do you use yours for?

• Members
Tell us about the Honey Bee too.

Hmmm....

The most amp-like OD I've ever played - dynamic as hell, nowhere to hide. :thu:

The best midrange of any pedal I've ever played - sounds like an early '70s Ampeg V-4. :love:

The most expensive pedal I've ever played - but worth every penny to me. :cry:

• Members

Fortunately, unlike a traditional pedal board, if a cable goes bad, it doesn't render the entire system useless, as each unit is routed through a switching system, and not in series from one device into another.

If you have one of your presets selected, can you select another pedal if all of a sudden you feel like it, or do the presets not allow you to use any other pedal(s) than the ones stored as the preset?

• Members
Got some new knobs on the way.

Hopefully within the next couple weeks I'll be able to afford an Akai Headrush and fit it in there somewhere.

board2-7-08.jpg

Did you build a board to fit inside of another board? My pedalboard has a lip on the edges that gets annoying when plugging in my guitar. This seems like a good idea.

• Members

Did you build a board to fit inside of another board? My pedalboard has a lip on the edges that gets annoying when plugging in my guitar. This seems like a good idea.

I didn't make the board myself. but I had the same problem. I bought one of those Island cases ATA flight cases to use as a pedalboard. Then I bought one off of ebay to fit exactly that. I'm really happy with it. Pedals fit in perfect now, and I think it looks a lot nicer too.

• Members

If you have one of your presets selected, can you select another pedal if all of a sudden you feel like it, or do the presets not allow you to use any other pedal(s) than the ones stored as the preset?

yes, you can select any pedal, select another amp, switch the amp's channels, and take any of the rack effect processors in or out of the loop even though a preset is called up.

• Members

4 things actually! I painted my TU-2 so it's hard to tell, and I've got a Fish&Chips sitting on top of my amp. Good {censored} meng. I really want a micro pog too. What do you use yours for?

I use my micro pog -- most often -- for the organ tones you can get. When I'm looping however, I'll crank the sub octave and take out the dry & octave up for a killer bass tone. I've got to tweak it some with my Fish & Chips ..... but it's all good.

Every now and again I'll set up it for that 12-string type sound, just to thicken up chords ...... but I use it pretty sparingly. You can overdo FX like that.

• Members

I didn't make the board myself. but I had the same problem. I bought one of those Island cases ATA flight cases to use as a pedalboard. Then I bought one off of ebay to fit exactly that. I'm really happy with it. Pedals fit in perfect now, and I think it looks a lot nicer too.

How much heavier was it?

Archived