Post your Pedalboard - 2008!

Daryl Chaney

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
msbd.jpg

she's in a state of disarray atm b/c i'm trying to figure out where i'm going to put my new stuff--but isn't that ALWAYS the case?!?

guitt'r >> rangemaster clone > shin-ei uni vibe > vox v847 > lovepedal woodrow > dod 250 > ibanez ts9 > clean comp > monsterpiece npn fuzz > radial classic tube > tone factor red k > lovepedal vibe > korg volume (not shown) >> STEREO silvertone twin twelve / sound city smf tour series+marshall 1960a

note: that farfisa pedal is something i modded to connect to the univibe; i bought the thing in pieces & made it up... actually, some people on here helped me with a bit of the work. sounds great now! :thu:

anyway, i like what i've been seeing here--lot of muff/rat fans i see. i've had both but i never got into 'em too much. it was a while ago so maybe they need another ride...

cheers, marc

• Members
:love:

How does the lovepedal vibe compare to the real thing?

I'm so {censored}ing jealous

i love lovepedal stuff... i haven't been as exceedingly approving of ANY other maker--not even close--& i've owned 10-15 of sean's pedals. anyway, the vibe is an excellent pedal--VERY close to the original (and way cheaper); i'd suggest it over a lot of the full-sized clones. the only thing it's lacking is the 30+year old discreet components. that real vibe in the picture is alive i think; even if it's not on it adds this subtle grit/nastiness... it's bizarre, but its so awesome that i decided to wire a circuit in that farisa pedal so i can switch off the oscillation & just sweep back and forth with the uni-phase like a wah... it's {censored}ing fun to play with. you know how zappa uses the wah as a tone shaper & not so much as a rhythm piece? that's how's the uni's starting to become on my board--very interesting. :blah:

peace, marc

• Members

The Start

Adding a few more pedals, then investing in a board.

ahhhh, the ocd. a nice step up from the ds-1. if you're into electronics (and if you already haven't modded your ds-1) you can find some pretty killer mods to open up the thing's stock sound. def. worth a look, see...

cheers, marc

PS: i love memory man!

• Members

ahhhh, the ocd. a nice step up from the ds-1. if you're into electronics (and if you already haven't modded your ds-1) you can find some pretty killer mods to open up the thing's stock sound. def. worth a look, see...

cheers, marc

PS: i love memory man!

That's a DS-2

I'm not aware of any mods for it though.

• Members

So you can choose presets or individual?

yes, that is correct. For Example:

In a given preset (preset #1) The Fender Super Reverb is selected, the Dyna Comp is selected, The TC 1210, TC2290, Lexicon PCM80 (All on and MIDI calls up the presets that I choose), all with one button press. Now, In that preset it also calls up the Eventide on a Univibe preset, but when it does, the loop for the Eventide is set to OFF, keeping the Eventide out of the audio chain. When I get to the point that I want the Univibe on, I step on the Button labeled H8000S, and voila, the loop is turned on, and I have univibe or whatever. OR It calls up everything, as stated earlier, but for the solo section I want to switch to another amp, set for crunch or high gain tone, I just step on the appropriate button for the amp I want, as the other devices don't need to change. Pretty useful. :thu:

• Members
yes, that is correct. For Example:

In a given preset (preset #1) The Fender Super Reverb is selected, the Dyna Comp is selected, The TC 1210, TC2290, Lexicon PCM80 (All on and MIDI calls up the presets that I choose), all with one button press. Now, In that preset it also calls up the Eventide on a Univibe preset, but when it does, the loop for the Eventide is set to OFF, keeping the Eventide out of the audio chain. When I get to the point that I want the Univibe on, I step on the Button labeled H8000S, and voila, the loop is turned on, and I have univibe or whatever. OR It calls up everything, as stated earlier, but for the solo section I want to switch to another amp, set for crunch or high gain tone, I just step on the appropriate button for the amp I want, as the other devices don't need to change. Pretty useful.
:thu:

That is pretty awesome :thu:

• Members
That is pretty awesome
:thu:

Thanks... :thu:

Bob Bradshaw, the guy who invented guitar switching systems is indeed brilliant at designing and building this stuff, and I am glad I commissioned him to build the rig that I designed. It works very well, and makes running my gear easy and allows for control and routing of my effects and amplifier choices very easy, and also allows for quick and easy setup and tear down times.

I just wish all the stuff was more readily affordable, and accessible.

• Members

Wouldn't it be a bitch to find a broken cable or something?

Fortunately, unlike a traditional pedal board, if a cable goes bad, it doesn't render the entire system useless, as each unit is routed through a switching system, and not in series from one device into another.

Archived