New EHX DEMO Videos

bmast160

• Members

it seems like EHX is loosing steam...their effects are still good but they used to be the best...best in the business in the 70s and 80s and now it seems like there are so many other possibilities that are moving them more to a "middle of the pack" status as just good effects...especially with all the re-releases of old effects and updates on existing effects(i.e. electric mistress->stereo electric mistress, memory man->stereo memory man->stereo memory man with harazi, holy grail->holier grail->holiest grail->stereo holy grail, etc). I like that you dont have to spend a fortune on the pedals because they are re-released but I guess it just doesnt seem like they are coming out with the "revolutionary" and new stuff that they did in the early days(i do love the pog tho). also it seems like they're moving a lot of their stuff from analog to digital...i like the smaller boxes but i think a lot of them are digital now...what of the XO line is analog and what is digital.

What about the HOG? i can't think of any comparable product from any other major manufacturer, or boutique for that matter. The Holy Stain looks to be one of the few multi effect boards worth buying, and i'll definitely be picking up one of their Germanium ODs (though it sounded {censored}e with the les paul he was using in that vid). Look at the massive GAS Attack the SMMw/Hazarai caused around here!

• Members

What about the HOG? i can't think of any comparable product from any other major manufacturer, or boutique for that matter. The Holy Stain looks to be one of the few multi effect boards worth buying, and i'll definitely be picking up one of their Germanium ODs (though it sounded {censored}e with the les paul he was using in that vid). Look at the massive GAS Attack the SMMw/Hazarai caused around here!

yeah i think the pog/hog are definitely great and original...

yeah i thought the germanium OD sounded crappy but also like what i was saying...there are so many other pedals that do the same thing that sound so much better...

SMM w/harazai is definitely great too but again it's adding on to something they already have released.

again, thought the holy stain sounded very stale compared to the many other pedals on the market that do what it can do...they might not be multi effects tho but i think they sound much better...

could just be me tho...

• Members

Man, that Electric Mistress sounds like ass. Sounds nothing like the analog versions. They added some weird phasey thing in there, and the resonance is preset too high. Biggest. Letdown. Ever.

I agree it sounds nothing like the original; but I'm digging the stereo action over the headphones. I might have to pick one up if for that reason alone.

• Members

Man, that Electric Mistress sounds like ass. Sounds nothing like the analog versions. They added some weird phasey thing in there, and the resonance is preset too high. Biggest. Letdown. Ever.

Is it digital? I agree it sounds really phasey

• Members

Those are pretty pathetic. Particularly the Flanger Hoax demo - that was just {censored}ing awful. They didn't show anything that the pedal is capable of aside from the basics that anyone who'd be interested in the Hoax has heard a million times already. The whole "shootout" part was laughable. "LOLZ! LETS SET IT TO WHITE NOIZE AND TWIST THE BLEND KNOB! LOLZLOLZ!"

:rolleyes:

They should fire this guy and bring back the guy who did the first set of demos. He could actually play and knew what the hell he was doing.

Archived