I bagged myself a Space Echo..... again...

Kid_A

• Members

After years of regretting selling my RE201 and years of being brassic park I finally bit the bullet and got one again!

I think i paid the usual going rate so not fussed...

Today is a good day... Today im even willing to let my Boss RE20 go for cheaper...

Space Echo people... talk to me

:wave:

• Members

I have one but I haven't plugged it in for quite a while. It definitely sounds nice, but I usually use a Moogerfooger analog delay instead. But for what it does, nothing can sound quite the same as an RE-201 in my experience.

Justin

See i bought a Boss RE-20 and its the closest thing to a real space echo... but its just not a space echo... After owning one you cant go back...

Bring on the oscillation!!!!

• Members

I sold my 301 awhile ago, and never looked back. I just never viewed it as a viable piece of gear to gig with. I didn't like the line level issues, either. If I owned a studio, however, it'd be a necessity. Congrats on your purchase, Kid A. Hours upon hours of fun...

• Members

This thread just made me finally pull the trigger on a 301, I had been talking to the guy for two months now, I was just real nervous about the investment. Got it for 220 shipped, it has some issues, but I found a company in Arizona that specializes in fixes space echoes and echoplexes, they told me to grab it for that price, that repairs would only be another 100 or so.....

• Members

Yeah ... I hear 'ya ....

I sold mine (mint) several years ago ... still kicking myself for doing so. Seems to me, I parlayed the money into some other piece of gear ... but, I can't remember (?) what.

Now thinking about "going for the gusto", again. Undecided ... 150 ... 201 ... 301 ... 501. Lotsa options, here. Big bucks for the "big boys".

Any advice? (I play an Ibanez GB-200 ... mostly Rock-a-Billy, some jazz, some rock; through a Jim Kelley F.A.C.S.).

• Members

This thread just made me finally pull the trigger on a 301, I had been talking to the guy for two months now, I was just real nervous about the investment. Got it for 220 shipped, it has some issues, but I found a company in Arizona that specializes in fixes space echoes and echoplexes, they told me to grab it for that price, that repairs would only be another 100 or so.....

Nice. Got a link to their site?

• Members

mine just sits around alot under my microcube/coffee cup/ magazines..i usually just plug it up when a lady is visiting. I ws going to sell it but someone in SPC ECO gave me shtick saying how could you dare sell it?!

guilted..but nothing sounds like an sp.echo. but i*will try out a re-20 next time i can...

• Members

Yeah like to see that echo link repair for future reference. Broke mine out 2 weeks ago. it was not making an Echo and I found that I had to move the selctor knob to get the connection, tried contat cleaner and bakc to new. also had the volume pot stick and the cleaner fixed it. great echo have the fulltone but it noisy and missthe EP3 I sold to buy it. OLD ECHOS ARE THE BEST.

Paid 125 for mine in 1989

Archived