My new big muff

deluxe74

• Members

Sweeeet! :thu:

I used to not enjoy my NYC Muff, but that was running it with a Dual Rectifier.
Since trying it on a few other amps, it's definitely a keeper. I'd love to rehouse mine, as it's beat to {censored}. But hey... can't beat a free Muff!

• Members

I have a modded Russian Muff and love it. I think I will get the Little Big Muff next. More bass and less fizz appeals to me more I think. I want to try out the Earthquaker Devices Hoof as well. The more muff the better ;)

• Members

I like a Bad Monkey or my Keeley TS-9 into my Muff. Hell, sometimes all three. It might seem like mud, but running an OD into a muff actually adds some clarity to the mix, odd as it may seem.

• Members

I like a Bad Monkey or my Keeley TS-9 into my Muff. Hell, sometimes all three. It might seem like mud, but running an OD into a muff actually adds some clarity to the mix, odd as it may seem.

I know what you mean by adding clarity to the mix. It's kinda a weird concept but it sounds great!

• Members

do ya mean running them both on at the same time? wouldn't that create lots of noisy mud?

my fave settings for the rat are drive=almost 9oclock, level=2oclockish. using the rat this way, it can run into anything and not create sludge, its a slightly gritty boost --- perfect for spiking other pedals (muff included) into a nicholson/shining sorta state. insane, but still with control.

stacking gain stages (and fuzz stages), if done with some restraint, aint (or rather, doesnt hafta be) nearly as messy as one can picture.

Archived