OT: Fat friend needs an intervention.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey Mike--you DO know that I post here, too, right? When you and David first approached me at the beginning of last year about dropping the lbs, I laughed because we were all sharing an XL pizza and 2 pitchers of beer at the time. Then later, David told me you were serious and had talked to him about it beforehand. I was pissed and hurt, but I let it go.

You've dropped not-so-subtle hints quite a few times, and I've taken them all in stride. Yes, I know that I need to lose weight. Yes, I know my eating habits aren't healthy. But this was the WRONG way to go about it.

I eat when I'm stressed. And when I find out my best friend is asking for advice on how to make me skinny on a guitar effects forum THAT I ALSO POST ON, it stresses me more. This doesn't help the situation at all.

By the way, I'm not the one who drinks a two-liter of Coke every three days. Please talk to me in person and not here.

Jesse

This...I was not expecting.

• Members
Hey Mike--you DO know that I post here, too, right? When you and David first approached me at the beginning of last year about dropping the lbs, I laughed because we were all sharing an XL pizza and 2 pitchers of beer at the time. Then later, David told me you were serious and had talked to him about it beforehand. I was pissed and hurt, but I let it go.

You've dropped not-so-subtle hints quite a few times, and I've taken them all in stride. Yes, I know that I need to lose weight. Yes, I know my eating habits aren't healthy. But this was the WRONG way to go about it.

I eat when I'm stressed. And when I find out my best friend is asking for advice on how to make me skinny on a guitar effects forum THAT I ALSO POST ON, it stresses me more. This doesn't help the situation at all.

By the way, I'm not the one who drinks a two-liter of Coke every three days. Please talk to me in person and not here.

Jesse

WHY would the threadstarter start a thread KNOWING that his "friend" is subscribed to the same forums?

Anyways, fat people are disgusting. :cop::cop:

• Members
WHY would the threadstarter start a thread KNOWING that his "friend" is subscribed to the same forums?

Anyways, fat people are disgusting.
:cop:
:cop:

That's a good question and one I would like to know, too. True friends don't do that. I'm waiting for a phone call that will probably never come.

As for disgusting fat people, I really have nothing to say to that.

• Members

dont get mad at him...he's trying to help you.

I can see how you might think that. What he didn't mention is that he is not exactly the thinnest person around and he goes out for pizza with me a lot. I like ice cream a lot which is also part of the problem, where as Mike doesn't. But like I said, he drinks WAY too much Coke so he really shouldn't be talking.

Anyway, Mike let's talk in person.

• Members

I can see how you might think that. What he didn't mention is that he is not exactly the thinnest person around and he goes out for pizza with me a lot. I like ice cream a lot which is also part of the problem, where as Mike doesn't. But like I said, he drinks WAY too much Coke so he really shouldn't be talking.

Anyway, Mike let's talk in person.

Fair enough. I hope you dudes work it out.

• Members

Jesse

Jesse, I think this was a pretty {censored}ty thing to do.....I dunno what to say man. I don't think this is the place for any of us to say anything....(especially me because as I approach 40 I find the lbs harder and harder to keep off! ;))

anyway.....rock the {censored} out dude! :rawk::thu:

• Members
dont get mad at him...he's trying to help you.

Come on, this isn't helping anyone is it? If he had concerens about Vipers health then he should have taken him to see a doctor, not post his personal {censored} on here.

Is it just me? ......am I the only one who thinks this is bang out of order? :confused:

• Members

mmmm, yeah.

I'm stuck for further comment.

I'm seriously concerned for this bloke's health, yet now I realise he's here too, and had his business branded around, and it's no longer a matter about "This friend of mine", it's very very awkward.

• Members

show him a video of a woman giving birth while he's eating.

or remember those pictures comparing a smoker vs a healthy person's lung?

show him what somone's arteries look like clogged up with special sauce.

its all about making someone's addiction seem disgusting. if he's already desensitized to people only telling him to chill out on the fast food, give him a physical example of how abnormal he is in the places he cant visually take account.

i guess its kind of like 'a clockwork orange,' but just dont tie him to a chair and tape his eyes open.

and if he's 21, i say that you fight club him.
just punch him in the ear.

• Members
show him a video of a woman giving birth while he's eating.

or remember those pictures comparing a smoker vs a healthy person's lung?

show him what somone's arteries look like clogged up with special sauce.

its all about making someone's addiction seem disgusting. if he's already desensitized to people only telling him to chill out on the fast food, give him a physical example of how abnormal he is in the places he cant visually take account.

i guess its kind of like 'a clockwork orange,' but just dont tie him to a chair and tape his eyes open.

and if he's 21, i say that you fight club him.

just punch him in the ear.

Clockwork Orange treatment seconded. And yes, this is awkward. But, I'll stick around anyway. :snax:

ViperJazz and Mike, hope you work this out. Friends are hard to come by. Physical size should not cause a schism between anyone.

Archived