Is a phaser useless?

goodhonk

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not useless at all. Very tasty on bass, too, ala "For the Love of Money".

Funny, my first encounter with a Small Stone was in 8th grade. My shop teacher brought his electric guitar in one day and had a SS. This would've been around '77 probably. Blew me away. I've got an Analog.man SS now and I really love the creamy sound, but I do wish it had a mix knob. I'd like to have it be more subtle at times.

• Members

+1

Ernie Isley's solo in the Isley Brothers 'That Lady (part 1 &2)' is a killer too. Although it may be a Univibe. Any more info on that one?

I've read that a Maestro PS-1 was used. The Carl Martin Two Faze is a clone of that. Great phase in that song.

• Members

Definitly the Wish You Were Here and Animals albums by Pink Floyd.

I have the MXR CSP-026. I use it all the time. I just leave it on, dialed back to 9:00, then jam it up when necessary. I love to turn it up with an EHX Tube Zipper. Wet and funky!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Robert's lead that starts at 5:38 - super slow phase. I think there is a bit of flange in there too, but it's mostly phase.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

That song made me buy a Boss PH2 Super Phaser - but you notice that it isn't in my signal chain below, Phase is just not my thing.

• Members

B00004BZ0N.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
!!!!!!!!!!

Hell yeah, you beat me to it!

Also 'make it now again' by mudhoney, possibly the hugest phaser sound in the world!

the smashing pumpkins - love

that is actually flanger, (bf2) according to the mellon collie book...

Archived