wow, someone paid $910 for a Klon

placebo62

• Members

The thing I don't understand, is that if you want to spend $910 on a piece of collectible guitar equipment, there are FAR FAR better things to buy than that pedal. I'd go for an amp or guitar, but even some other pedals would be way cooler, like a bi-phase

• Members

read the description... finnegan gave the pedals to a friend of his who will assumingly using the money from teh sales on medical bills... so whoever paid the $910 is probably a {censored}ing kind soul you jerks.

• Members

The thing I don't understand, is that if you want to spend $910 on a piece of collectible guitar equipment, there are FAR FAR better things to buy than that pedal. I'd go for an amp or guitar, but even some other pedals would be way cooler, like a bi-phase

I agree.

And this market determines value is only true to a point, in my mind.

If someone is willing to pay $100 for a can of Pepsi, doesnt mean the Pepsi is worth $100. It just means the willing person is an idiot.

• Members

read the description... finnegan gave the pedals to a friend of his who will assumingly using the money from teh sales on medical bills... so whoever paid the $910 is probably a {censored}ing kind soul you jerks.

ah..well, I didnt see that.

• Members

I'd rather hunt around a bit and find an RE-201 and a Bassman....

What gets me is all the {censored} thy put ovr the PCB to stop you cloning it. If it braks, I supose you need to go the the hassle of shipping it make to them, rather than simply soldering it back up...

• Members

i think this is a cool thing.

bill knows that people have some sort of hard-on for the horsey man.

he has a friend who needs help.

he makes the first horsey man in YEARS to help her.

only finningan could put a pedal up for charity and get criticized.

when tripps did it, everyone went out of their way to suck him off.

• Members

i think this is a cool thing.

bill knows that people have some sort of hard-on for the horsey man.

he has a friend who needs help.

he makes the first horsey man in YEARS to help her.

only finningan could put a pedal up for charity and get criticized.

when tripps did it, everyone went out of their way to suck him off.

:thu: He isn't making a {censored}ing cent off of this. He is helping out a friend in a difficult time. That seems alright to me.

• Members

Thats just retarded.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Klon-Centaur-OD-w-centaur-figure-NEW-W-FULL-WARRANTY_W0QQitemZ150257939671QQihZ005QQcategoryZ41416QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Its a freakin' pedal for crying out loud.

Sometimes you have to read beyond the price. From the auction:

I'm Bill Finnegan, designer/builder of the Centaur, and here is the story on this unit and on some other such units - units with screenprinting that includes the long-discontinued centaur figure - that the above seller will be receiving from me at intervals for however long it takes me to get rid of all of the old castings with that screenprinting that have been kicking around here since I came up with the current (and final) screenprinting.

I have not sold any units with screenprinting that includes the figure since January 2002, and I am not selling this one - I am giving it to the seller, a very close friend of mine who's a single mom and who, through no fault of her own, has had an uphill battle financially since the birth of her child. Over the years since early 2002, I've told people time and again that I would never sell another Centaur unit with screenprinting that includes the figure - screenprinting that I consider to be aesthetically flawed BECAUSE of the figure - and I intend to keep that promise; however many of these units I build with the old castings that have one or the other version of the old screenprinting (there were two centaur figures, the original clunky one from the beginning of production in December 1994 until November 1999, and a revised, somewhat-improved one from November 1999 until January 2002), each and every one of them I will be giving to my friend to help her live to fight another day;

at some point soon, there will be a video clip on the website of my business, which is www.klon-siberia.com, with further info on all of this.

Here are three things I would like to emphasize:

These units will be brand-new Centaur units, with the full three-year warranty that comes with every new unit of mine, and will be exactly the same as any other current-production unit except for my use of old castings with the old, discontinued screenprinting; for warranty registration, simply contact me through the above site shortly after receiving the unit you have won at auction.

The only seller from whom you can obtain a brand-new unit with screenprinting that includes the figure, a unit with no potential issues and with the warranty, is my friend, whose Ebay seller ID is "boxing_rabbit".

Because I won't make so much as a penny on these units, however many of them there end up being (I haven't counted the old castings with the figure that I've found - my guess is that there might be 60-70 of them), please be advised that I CANNOT JUSTIFY RESPONDING TO ANY E-MAIL INQUIRIES REGARDING THEM BEYOND SIMPLY CONFIRMING THAT THESE UNITS ARE WHAT I HAVE DESCRIBED THEM TO BE, AND THAT THEY ARE INDEED BEING SOLD BY MY FRIEND WITH MY BLESSING.

Now, with regard to this particular unit, it is serial number RG 001 (for Reissue Gold 001), the very first of these units, and I built it with a casting that has the original screenprinting and centaur figure. Good luck bidding, but please remember to refrain from e-mailing me with any and all questions except: Is this a new unit with a full warranty if I get in touch promptly after winning the auction? Is "boxing_rabbit" legit, and the only source for obtaining a new unit with the old screenprinting? Thanks, and again good luck.

Archived