Box of rock kicked ass this weekend.

RoboPimp

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
rectofront.jpg

this is why I don't try and pretend that I can tell if a piece of gear is "right" for me in a day or a week or even months. I was struggling with this amp at first but this weekend it was absolutely kicking ass. I've never heard an amp with the brute power of this thing and it can dish out lots of different tones.

All I can say is wow! No pedal can bring the complexity and texture of tube distortion. They sound good until you hear something like this in action then you realize that they all still sound like solid state plastic impersonations of what a good amp can create. I still used a couple pedals here and there but the gain from the amp is a whole different level. This amp is the real box of rock!

i really dig the lonestar 100 too,nothing like the brutal power of a mesa

• Members
You're trying to insult me with a picture of my spectacularly sexy girlfriend from 1985, 23 years ago? Hah. You'll NEVER have a girl like that girl. She was
amazing.
Still is. Incredibly talented photographer.

Have a sunny day!

someone needs some:

rogainerz1.jpg

not with a ten foot pole but whatever floats your boat beanie :thu:

• Members
someone needs some:

rogainerz1.jpg

not with a ten foot pole but whatever floats your boat beanie
:thu:

None of my girlfriends, present one included, have ever given a {censored} about my hair. Kinda creepy to have someone from this forum obsessed with my hair, sunny.

• Members
None of my girlfriends, present one included, have ever given a {censored} about my hair. Kinda creepy to have someone from this forum obsessed with my hair, sunny.

the resemblance is uncanning.... (thinning top and crown excluded)

mrbeanbn1.jpg

• Members

after trying a couple out I didn't think I was a fan, but I'm beginning to reconsider after hearing SuperUnknown, which sounds great to me and was apparently recorded with mesa dual rectos

I would try one and see if it works for you.

Going by an album's tone isn't always a good indicator, especially with an album that has a lot going on. As far as I know they used all kinds of amps on that album, but I'm not sure.

I also know they were into the tremoverb's.

• Members

I don't care who you are or how good you think your ear is, you can't know if something will work for you in one sitting. All you end up doing is sounding the same. Sometimes I think it's good to step outside your "comfort zone" and try something completely different, it's the only way to break into new tones.

i agree with this completely.

• Members

boxrock.jpg

toy box (did ya fired the art department?) :freak:

100_1545.jpg

real box of rock (either one)

What happened to the zvex of past glory who at least pretended to have original ideas? Now all you've got is rehashed dirt pedals? I know there's more money to be made with dirt pedals, especially when you can have them built in tiawan for a few bucks and resell them for $300 but still, is money all that matters?

• Members

I myself have a Tremoverb and a Mark III, and no dirt pedal can touch those beasts. Tons of sounds in them, they aren't just for the Brewtalz, you just need to know how to dial them right, and you will be shocked.

That is a Box of Rock:thu:

• Members
I myself have a Tremoverb and a Mark III, and no dirt pedal can touch those beasts. Tons of sounds in them, they aren't just for the Brewtalz, you just need to know how to dial them right, and you will be shocked.

That is a Box of Rock:thu:

True, no one can own the words BOX OF ROCK like a mesa, especially not some cheesy cascading fet dirt pedal that sounds more like a flubby sack of farts. :lol:

• Members

There's no doubt that a good tube amp with some gain on tap will blow away any overdrive/distortion pedal. Pedals are great for pushing amps, altering the sonic character, or for gain at low volume or with low gain amps, though. Of course, it's pointless to try to remedy a poor amp with pedals. The amp is fundamental for the tone, and I'd never spend lots of money on pedals if I didn't have at least one good amp.

Archived