OT: The Official Anime Discussion

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What did you think of Cowboy Bebop?

I thought it was good but I feel like I missed something when reading people saying it's the greatest or second greatest anime series ever. In terms of my personal enjoyment I'd put it behind Kenshin, Escaflowne, and GTO. It was good, and the episodes with Vicious were pretty fantastic, I could have just done with MORE of it. More stuff about the Red Dragons and all that. I generally like to have more continuity between episodes than what it was. I am not sure what I was expecting, but for what it was, it was enjoyable.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I keep wishing they would do another season of Beck, since the manga goes much further than the anime.

But apparently they are turning it into a live action movie.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-06-01/beck-rock-manga-gets-live-action-film-with-hiro-mizushima

I'm sure they will do a good job, but that's one of the few animes where I prefer the dub to the sub. I just couldn't stand the engrish in the sub. So I'm sure the movie will be the same.

• Members

i didnt read all 8 pages but these are a must see:

Kite (although it's kinda graphic and wrong)
Serial Experiments: Lain
blood: the last vampire
Totoro (i know it's already been mentioned)
Full metal alchemist (im sure this was mentioned too)

• Members

hey, maybe someone can help me out. im trying to remember the name of an anime i once watched. its about a girl who is a pop star and people around her start getting murdered and its kinda like a murder mystery type thing but i think it ends up being her alter ego doing the killings or shes crazy and people arent actually being killed or something like that.

• Members

hey, maybe someone can help me out. im trying to remember the name of an anime i once watched. its about a girl who is a pop star and people around her start getting murdered and its kinda like a murder mystery type thing but i think it ends up being her alter ego doing the killings or shes crazy and people arent actually being killed or something like that.

No clue, but it sounds interesting.

• Members

I never read the manga. Since its based around music I feel like reading the manga would just kind of be lame.

That being said, I wish they would finish the anime since it left off in bad place.

Didn't see that until now. You should definitely start the manga. The story goes way further and has some cool twists you won't see in the anime. And Sakuishi really knows how to draw concert scenes. They look way more energetic and involving than those in the anime IMHO.

• Members
Didn't see that until now. You should definitely start the manga. The story goes way further and has some cool twists you won't see in the anime. And Sakuishi really knows how to draw concert scenes. They look way more energetic and involving than those in the anime IMHO.

But its about music.

If I read it I'll just feel disappointed. But I want to finish the story. :cry:

• Members
But its about music.

If I read it I'll just feel disappointed. But I want to finish the story.
:cry:

I felt disappointed the other way round, because I first read the manga up to the point where the anime ends and then started watching the series.
The music wasn't nearly as good as I imagined it to be in my head, though I must admit I'm not into that J-Pop/Rock-thing at all. Just try the manga, I think you'd like it.

• Members

I felt disappointed the other way round, because I first read the manga up to the point where the anime ends and then started watching the series.

The music wasn't nearly as good as I imagined it to be in my head, though I must admit I'm not into that J-Pop/Rock-thing at all. Just try the manga, I think you'd like it.

Did you watch the Dub or Sub?

• Members

Perfect Blue?

• Members

Thanks for the recommendation, k-on is very very enjoyable to watch. I can't remember how many times i lol'd throughout the show.

And its official, i'm in love with mio chan, she's a goddess! Ending theme is a great song.

I rofl'd so hard when krauser appeared for a second in the first episode.

Highly recommended!

I feel like such a loser watching this...but it's kind of funny...plus it's guitars...hell yeah.

• Members
Both of those animes are just SO long and boring and generally kind of lame.

Are you aware of Full Metal Alchemist 2?

yeah but I hear its a remake.. so im not super pumped. Im sure ill check it out eventually though.

Im watching Xam'd now :thu:

• Members
yeah but I hear its a remake.. so im not super pumped. Im sure ill check it out eventually though.

Im watching Xam'd now
:thu:

It's suppose to be a remake that's a lot more faithful to the original story.

A few of my friends watched it, and they only had good things to say about it.

• Members

It's suppose to be a remake that's a lot more faithful to the original story.

A few of my friends watched it, and they only had good things to say about it.

hmmm cool. Ive read a few of the books. I did notice a few differences. ill check it out :thu:

But im watching cathing up on Dexter, Weeds, and Xam'd so itll have to wait :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived