OT: The Official Anime Discussion

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mangas:
GT Onizuka (not so much fillers)
"Monster"
Dr.Black Jack (by Mr. philosophical Tezuka)

ANIME:
Golden Boy episode 1. funny perve anime, great voice acting.
Ranma 1/2 (early seasons)
Maison Ikkoku and Kimagure Orange Road for tearjerkers.

real live:
Deathnote movies 1&2. BETTER ENDING.

• Members

A is for anime, M is for manga.

A: Armitage III

A: Grave of the Fireflies

A: Ghost in the Shell

A: Sol Bianca

A: Serial Experiments: Lain

A: Generator Gawl

A: Kino's Journey

A: Paranoia Agent

A: Now and Then, Here and There

A: Patlabor Movie 1

A: Patlabor Movie 2

A: Hyperspeed GranDoll

A: The Project A-ko series

A: Roujin Z

A: A Wind Named Amnesia

A: Gall Force: Eternal Story

A: Go! Super Defense Force Mao-Chan

A: Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

M: A.I. Love You

M: Air Gear

M: The World of Narue

M: Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden

M: Q-ko-chan

M: From Far Away

M: Ceres, Celestial Legend

M: Wish

M: Faerie's Landing

M: Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

I've seen these, and they were all good. Legend follows:

I recommend this series.

I definitely recommend this series.

It was okay.

My favorite series EVER.

• Members
A is for anime, M is for manga.

Paranoia Agent

Evangelion

Vampire Hunter D

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo is just strange! My nephew pointed him out to me.

bobobo.jpg

(. . .for those of you who have never seen him, his power is called "Fist of Nosehair")

I warn you, this might make your brain explode!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA9IY1KInjM "TEH BOBOBO RAP"

• Members

I know some people on here watch some anime, so we need a thread to discuss anime and recommend some.

Some of my personal favorites are;

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Cowboy Bebop

and
Ergo Proxy.

So what do you guys think about anime?

+ serial experiments Lain, Basilisk, and Full Metal Alchemist.

• Members

Has anyone name dropped Tekkonkinkreet yet? It's also known as Black and White. I've read the manga, which is badass, and the anime looks stunning.

If you're with me, and cringe at the idea of another Shonen Jump hero story, and the thought of watching skinny people going into pretentious monologues for 26 episodes makes you facepalm, you'll like Black and White. It's about two cute, homeless orphan kids that beat people with pipes. It has character and emotional development, but isn't afraid to delve into absurd action fantasy. It's good.

• Members

Haha...I remember one I rent loooooong time ago, out of kicks...and I thought the dialogues were hilarious:

-"You succumb to my sexcraft"

-"Noooo...I'll be late for class"

The sex fiend then launches this phallic tentacle...haha...I swear I dunno what they were smoking to get such imagination.

• Members
It's an adolescent sci-fi fantasy where the young protagonists are pushing out against a society that tries to control and suppress their chaotic energy. I suppose Akira is meant to be some sort of energy that recurs and manifests itself in a chosen child whenever the suppression is out of balance.

I believe that the army experiments "fabricate" the special kids in some way. Akira was the most powerful of them so they had to kill him and lock him down. Tetsuo became as powerful as Akira but nobody could kill or control him. all kids were meant to be living weapons I guess (like most anime plots).

at the end it seens to me that Tetsuo destroys the world (or just Neo Tokyo), as he turns himself into pure energy.

now thats some good sci-fi... :thu:

• Members
Is anybody watching Macross Frontier?

Its too late for me to read through each post, so I'm sorry if anyone has already mentioned it.

I haven't read the thread either since its late over here, but I'm currently watching Macross Frontier. DEFINATELY worth watching, its got a great plot and animation. The soundtrack is pretty kickass too :thu:

BTW I've read easily over 20,000 pages of manga and more than 1,000 hours of anime, I'm a hardcore otaku :o. Heres some series I love:

Eureka Seven
Outlaw Star
Code Geass
Naruto
Bleach
To Love-ru

and many many more.

• Members

I won't echo what others have said here, so I'll just say you guys need to watch Great Teacher Onizuka.

hehe. man thattakes me back. the movie with a young norika fujiwara and that theme song poison with was it richie sambora playing gtr for some japanese rocker.. good song. my friends thought i was crazy liking that comic.

GTO!

hentai? I AM A HENTAI~ lol

• Members

Then of course my hands down favorite anime,
Outlaw Star
. Gene Starwind is a badass outlaw that goes on various adventures and mets/fights his way to find the Galatic layline. Highly Recommended.

Great one! Great soundtrack too. I gotta nominate the original MS Gundam, Cowboy Bebop, & Trigun.

• Members

an Anime thread in US forums! This is impressive! :thu: I must join in!

No surprise Bleach has been mentioned several times, its the ongoing anime that i'm catching every week but i don't watch any of the fillers. Bleach's manga is starting to get boring by the day, very so predictable. Hellsing is the coolest, simply love Alucard being so immortal. Stab his heart or chop his head he'll never die, the absolute God of Vampires.

Top 3 underrated but imho the best animes i've watched from last year.

3. Shakugan no Shana (season 1 & 2)

The huge contrast in the male and female's lead character creates very interesting interaction between them. Add in a vague hint of love between them makes the show very entertaining.
ShakugannoShanaII-1.jpg

2. Kekkaishi

Kinda similar to the above, but story is quite fast paced, not draggy like alot of other animes. I finished the whole dvd (episode 1-52) on one freaky sat till the next day. I just couldn't stop until the end.
kekkaishi.jpg

1. Claymore
This is absolutely the best anime ever except for the abrupt change of storyline (only part different from manga) at the ending. Nevertheless this is the anime that got my gal started into watching animes! I've tried letting her watch Evangelion, Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist to even Crayon Shinchan and Chibi Maruko and so on etc... In conclusion she hates anime but fell in love with this! The manga now is released like once a month and its killing both of us. Summary: Claymore is blood and monsters and slayers plus a very very stunning storyline.
kkdm00102S.jpg

• Members
an Anime thread in US forums! This is impressive!
:thu:
I must join in!

No surprise Bleach has been mentioned several times, its the ongoing anime that i'm catching every week but i don't watch any of the fillers. Bleach's manga is starting to get boring by the day, very so predictable. Hellsing is the coolest, simply love Alucard being so immortal. Stab his heart or chop his head he'll never die, the absolute God of Vampires.

Top 3 underrated but imho the best animes i've watched from last year.

3. Shakugan no Shana (season 1 & 2)

The huge contrast in the male and female's lead character creates very interesting interaction between them. Add in a vague hint of love between them makes the show very entertaining.

ShakugannoShanaII-1.jpg

2. Kekkaishi

Kinda similar to the above, but story is quite fast paced, not draggy like alot of other animes. I finished the whole dvd (episode 1-52) on one freaky sat till the next day. I just couldn't stop until the end.

kekkaishi.jpg

1. Claymore

This is absolutely the best anime ever except for the abrupt change of storyline (only part different from manga) at the ending. Nevertheless this is the anime that got my gal started into watching animes! I've tried letting her watch Evangelion, Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist to even Crayon Shinchan and Chibi Maruko and so on etc... In conclusion she hates anime but fell in love with this! The manga now is released like once a month and its killing both of us. Summary: Claymore is blood and monsters and slayers plus a very very stunning storyline.

kkdm00102S.jpg

Kekkaishi and Claymore = win. I didn't like either series that much in their anime form, but the manga's are great. I've only seen Shakugan no Shana Season 1 which was pretty good, but I haven't watched that many episodes of the new season.

Archived