OT: The Official Anime Discussion

• Members

guroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguroguro

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
it makes the film look lame the plot is way more complex as is the moral message
:blah:

I dont think the film is lame (far from it) but I agree the visual novel (as I like to call higher quality material) is 50 tiems better than the movie. story and characters are so much deeper.

• Members

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Gungrave

Bebop and Champloo

Berserk (some of the most amazing artwork in this manga)

Hellsing

Monster - I recommend this, not necessarily to people who are into anime, but anyone who wants to watch an amazing story. If it were a novel, I'd read it for sure.

• Members

I dont think the film is lame (far from it) but I agree the visual novel (as I like to call higher quality material) is 50 tiems better than the movie. story and characters are so much deeper.

no not at all lame just a far cry from what it could have been maybe as a series of films

• Members

So HAS anyone seem 'Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad'?

Yeah, great show. the pillows song plays in like the last episode, and their frontman Sawao has a camio. Good stuff. Ha, that's not the only reason I like it though.

The OST is ace. Moon on the Water and Btrainstorm=win.

Anyway, I haven't watched animer in a long time, but I love FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, all the Ghibli stuff, and GitS.

the pillows are my favorite band, they do about 90% of the music for FLCL. Great stuff. They're new album is ace as well.

• Members

Akira is a classic, but once you've read the (regretably short) manga of that, you look at the movie with a bit of dissapointment. the manga has so much more depth and story to it. and you actually understand what goes on and why a LOT more. plus, more happens over a longer timeline, so...

• Members

My girlfriend is an anime dork... Which is okay, because at least she's snobby enough about it to reject the crappy stuff...

From what I have seen, Ghost in the Shell:Stand Alone Complex (2nd gig particularly), Samurai Champloo, Death Note, Appleseed, and some specific parts of the Bleach storyline stand out.

gits2.jpg

FLCL (fooly cooly), Hellsing, and Blood: The Last Vampire/Blood + are also worthy of mention.

• Members

eh Blood + got boring after awhile to me. Ive watched the series twice and it really isnt consistance with Siayas (sp?) powers, like sometimes shes really weak then all of a sudden strong. Then again thats how Bleach is sometimes but i love bleach enough to forgive them.

Its also way to depressing in some parts. Very moody and dark, which is usually my thing but even after watching it twice i was left with a feeling of emptyness. Plus i wanted to see more Hajie (sp?).

• Members

Neon Genesis is my favorite--I "composed" a dark ambient kinda tune with the feel in mind. Oh, and my band name is also a namesake. Ghost In The Shell is prob 2nd on the top list tied with FLCL. Unbelievably good. Also, RahXephon is a favorite along with Cowboy Bebop of course. Last one I saw was Eureka 7, which surprised me in the end, can't decide if it's a fav or not. Princess Mononoke is def a fav.

• Members

whats the name of that anime with the Kid on the roller blades that kills peopel with a bat? The villian is like the Laughing man or some {censored} like that. His face is always blurred with a kid with the : p face and with a red hat turned to the side.

I saw it a couple times and i remember being very very confused.

• Members

I haven't seen an anime in a long time, but a few anime come to mind.
Hah...
FLCL has a kid with a red hat and includes a baseball bat in scenes throughout the series....
'The Laughing Man' iirc was a hacker from Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex who's sign was a face with a sideways hat and the words around it from The Catcher in the Rye 'What I thought I'd do was, I thought I'd be one of those deaf mutes'. Or something to that effect.

Ha, hope I helped/

• Members

whats the name of that anime with the Kid on the roller blades that kills peopel with a bat? The villian is like the Laughing man or some {censored} like that. His face is always blurred with a kid with the : p face and with a red hat turned to the side.

I saw it a couple times and i remember being very very confused.

Paranoia Agent. I think.

Archived