OT: The Official Anime Discussion

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:love:

You rock.

I've had many a friend decline to watch GREAT films because they are in other languages.

yeah, it's stupid, I watch a lot of european cinema (because I'm not a big fan of hollywood stuff usually) so I got used to subtitles way before I started watching anime, also the dubbed american voices on 'Love Hina' were so awful, I couldn't bare to listen to it, I find it funnier in japanese too the original voices have so much more expression in them.

...I guess that's why I started watching anime, because it was something other than hollywood fodder.

• Members

thanks
:)

yeah, it's stupid, I watch a lot of european cinema (because I'm not a big fan of hollywood stuff usually) so I got used to subtitles way before I started watching anime, also the dubbed american voices on 'Love Hina' were so awful, I couldn't bare to listen to it, I find it funnier in japanese too the original voices have so much more expression in them.

...I guess that's why I started watching anime, because it was something other than hollywood fodder.

I know what you mean.

I watch tons of horror movies, and they're usually Japanese, Spanish, or French; since they just know horror better than the US does.

• Members

I know what you mean.

I watch tons of horror movies, and they're usually Japanese, Spanish, or French; since they just know horror better than the US does.

I like a lot of the more 'independent' USA stuff like David Lynch and Hal Hartley, but rarely does a big US film excite me much. I don't wanna sound like a film snob because I'm not. I love old British comedy too.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived