Sep. New kit thread

morten'J

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
nice find.

i'm upset that you changed the keytops and are now hunting for new knobs, though!!!

i think minimoogs are like AK-47s. they look better all beat to {censored}.

Damn dude!

Don't worry, the case is all scratched up with some chunks gone. I'm leaving that just the way it is. :D

The knobs I'm sourcing will be NOS phenolic if I can scrounge them up. The "zebra" keyboard looked like absolute {censored}...the keytops I replaced were replaced with genuine vintage Moog product so please don't cry :p;)

• Members
Damn dude!

Don't worry, the case is all scratched up with some chunks gone. I'm leaving that just the way it is.
:D

The knobs I'm sourcing will be NOS phenolic if I can scrounge them up. The "zebra" keyboard looked like absolute {censored}...the keytops I replaced were replaced with
genuine vintage Moog product
so please don't cry
:p;)

ok that will have to do.

don't forget to set the new knobs out in a sandstorm before applying them, though, if you want that real 'weathered insurgent mini-moog' look!! ;)

• Members

In the last few months I obtained Pianoteq 2, which is fantastic. Being a modelled instrument instead of a collection of frozen dead slices of sound reanimated, the notes feel connected and one can play a true legato as well as shift dynamics without abrupt "velocity switching".

Pianoteq 2 plays the best of any virtual piano but is still not quite as realistic sounding as Ivory or Akoustik. But it's getting there, they keep improving it.

Recently I picked up an Alesis IO/26. If you look over Anderton's thread in the Pro Reviews section you will see quite a few people have had problems with them, but I'm doing well with mine. Excellent sound quality, inserts on every channel, and much more flexible in what it can do than my Edirol FA-101 (i.e., ADAT IN, PHONO IN, every channel can do -10DB to +4DB, etc.)

Finally, just got a Novation Remote 61 SL. Novamusik has a package deal, which audiomidi matched, for a G-Force softsynth thrown in, so now I am wallowing away in 60's - 70's bliss with the M-Tron. But about the Novation: it was DOA, no power at all, no lights, LEDs, nothing, so the really excellent folks at audiomidi, whom I highly recommend, are getting me another one.

They're the best!

Such a shame. Such a beautiful, refined instrument, all the checks and routines and testing they go through, much better looking in person, well oiled with a sheen, reeking of quality, you would almost think it was realy working from the glow it gives off, as my audiomidi buddy said as he examined it. No power with USB or DC. Wait, let's try turning it over and loading some batteries. No luck. Oh, wait, what does that sticker say on the bottom?

MADE IN CHINA.

Ohhh . . . :idea:

• Members
Not being satisfied with the next to zero chances of music software working on Vista, you decided to quadruple the problem and run it with 4 cores?

;)

:confused: I like Vista - a lot.

And almost all the music software I've tried on it has run with no problems.

BTW - nice shot Yoozer.

• Members

Not being satisfied with the next to zero chances of music software working on Vista, you decided to quadruple the problem and run it with 4 cores?

;)

It's still plain old XP. Vista would look differently ;). I don't mind the penalty for plonking in 4gb and only seeing 3.5 or so.

If I'm switching I'm holding out until Mackie get off their asses and have the 64-bit drivers ready. Seeing how well that progresses, I think Vista SP2 might be there when they're done.

:(

• Members

i think minimoogs are like AK-47s. they look better all beat to {censored}.

And too damn good when again restored. A friend just refurbished one he bought. He brushed (7 hours) and lacquered the cabinet. Here are some pics:

minikabinet2ts1.jpg

restoredmini1cq3.jpg

digitalvsanalog2qg6.jpg

New knobs (Pratt Read) are being ordered just as i write this.

• Members

Zune theme, but I still have to change the font to Segoe UI instead of the alternative.

Royale Noir is an earlier unofficial M$ theme (MCE 2006) which you need to apply the uxtheme patcher to work. Its the same but you get the option of a blue start button and some new icons. :)

• Members

Troubles with the old dual 1.8 G5 have forced me to pull the trigger on a new quad core Mac Pro...which (because the old one supported PCIx and the new one supports PCIe) unfortunately meant new UAD-1, Powercore and MOTU 424.

Didn't wanna spend the $ right now....but then again, I suppose I can make myself feel better by learning to live with the slight increase in processing power.... :D

dB

Archived