Sep. New kit thread

morten'J

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No.
:)

It comes with a 32 GB sound library, spread across four dual-layer 8 GB DVDs. Each one takes about 30 minutes to copy onto my iMac - I've been at this a couple of hours now.

Nine minutes to go on the last DVD.

Sheesh.

I don't EVEN want to see your video's of that one. :eek:

• Members
I don't EVEN want to see you video's of that one.
:eek:

Don't worry. Too much here. Too much to explore.

And to make matters worse, it'll load sounds from MOTU Ethno instrument (which I have). And it loads Garageband instruments (yeah, I've got those too, along with a couple of the Jam pack expansions).

Damn. Gotta work in the morning, gotta go to bed.

• Members

A very nice Synthesizer indeed. If only it had patch memory.

+100000

So many possibilities with this thing, but you can't store the patch. The great sounding patch you spent 30 minutes on is gone forever. :( :( :(

I was thinking about taking photos, but the problem is, the camera would have to be at the ceiling - else you get perspective (parallax) distortions - the pic shows wrong data.

Looking forward to demos of 4-VCO madness!

Already have one small during reso testing while i was doing post calibration. The trick is, i made a small mistake during tunning and put too much power into the resonance circuit. So i turned synth on and damn thing sounded so wildly like some modular. Hear for yourslef: resonance.mp3 (600 kB). Anyway, i will reduce the resonance power back to normal - it is way too strong and shifts cutoff point when set at 100%.

• Members

Is there a panel drawing in the manual, or several bits of one you could join together in a drawing program to make a tracking sheet for it?

Thats what I normally do with analog gear for exactly the reason you state - perpective problems amking it hard to get the exact settings.

I use both paper and more starting to store scanned versions on a tablet PC so I can write on them and make notes etc - sometimes the position isnt enough - have to make note to say listen for blah blah while setting it.

• Members

That's an excellent suggestion, Khaz. :thu: If there's no panel drawing available, you could even take a long shot of the panel (to reduce parallax), and then use a photo editor to doctor it up into a nice B&W line drawing. Then you can print up a bunch as worksheets.

edit: Bah, Flatty beat me. :lol: If there's already patch sheets, then use 'em!

Archived