OT: The OFFICIAL Mesa Tremoverb Lounge

dap99

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been having the same problems with FX Loop as you guys have discussed before in the thread.

As i understood from different forums, that especially on the early models of Single Rectos and Rectoverbs the effect loops tend to do this (especially when using Line 6 or Boss reverbs/delays). The solution for this is to mod the loop to be serial not parallel. The circuit of the loop has somekind of a FET, that starts to make that described rambling/helicopter sound.

Any of you guys tried this mod?

• Members

Didn't try the mod when I had my rectoverb series II, but that whomp whomp whomp helicopter noise from the fx loop drove me nuts; so I got rid.

Was such a love hate thing that amp; some days I'd think it was wicked, others it was total toss. Too much Gain.

• Members

Didn't try the mod when I had my rectoverb series II, but that whomp whomp whomp helicopter noise from the fx loop drove me nuts; so I got rid.

Yeah, it's really bugging me too. But i love the pure sound of it. I need to get them delays to work. I'll try the mod later today and I'll report back.

• Members

Okay I did the mod, i got recommended and it seems like my problem is solved. No more helicopter or overloading noises to be heard anywhere..yay...Was pretty easy to do too, took some 20 minutes.

I'm gonna have to look into this... I've only run my Quadraverb in the loop, but had no problems. But I've been thinking lately about running my SMMH and some other modulation pedals (RE-20, Small Stone, chorus) in the loop. Luckily, I have a "guy" in town who's Mesa certified and seems to be a straight shooter. It won't be until the end of summer that I'll get around to it, but I'll be sure to let ya'll know what happens...

• Members

I haven't played my Tremoverb in a really long time. It's one of the only pieces of gear I don't use but couldn't bring myself to sell. Great amp... but I want a Bassman and a 335-type guitar so I might have to sell it.

• Members

so just general curiosity here Nick do you always run two Maps or one and if you run two do you run mesa dirty and ac-15 clean?

Recently, yes... I have been running both mapz simultaneously. Not always, but quite a bit. Why not, right? :lol:

Generally speaking, I'd run both the RoV & AC-15 clean, with the RoV dialed in with more mids & bass and the AC-15 w/ a bit more treble, and use the Timmy/Ernie/DLS for dirt. That just sounds so full. It's really something.

Now, I run them clean/dirty too ..... but honestly, the cleans are so fantastic on the Mesa that I have that one as the clean and the AC-15 as the crunch. Or, get the Mesa really heavy, and the Vox dialed in w/ just a little breakup. Both amps really offer something different on both sides of the clean/dirty fence, so I can get almost any sound I want pretty easily. Hell, I've run them both dirty too! That was fun. :evil:

Now, over the past week I've just been playing the ToV exclusively...... because it's new and because I'm trying to figure it (and these EL34's) out. Once my 6L6's get in for that later this week, and once I get a better feel for it, I'm sure I'll revert back to the A/B/Y setup.... or just play them one at a time. :D

I can't even imagine all of what I'll be able to do w/ this ToV and the Vox. That's something I'm really looking forward to.

• Members
Recently, yes... I
have
been running both mapz simultaneously. Not
always,
but quite a bit. Why not, right?
:lol:

Generally speaking, I'd run both the RoV & AC-15 clean, with the RoV dialed in with more mids & bass and the AC-15 w/ a bit more treble, and use the Timmy/Ernie/DLS for dirt. That just sounds so
full.
It's really something.

Now, I run them clean/dirty too ..... but honestly, the cleans are so fantastic on the Mesa that I have that one as the clean and the AC-15 as the crunch. Or, get the Mesa really heavy, and the Vox dialed in w/ just a little breakup. Both amps really offer something different on both sides of the clean/dirty fence, so I can get almost any sound I want pretty easily. Hell, I've run them both dirty too! That was fun.
:evil:

Now, over the past week I've just been playing the ToV exclusively...... because it's new and because I'm trying to figure it (and these EL34's) out. Once my 6L6's get in for that later this week, and once I get a better feel for it, I'm sure I'll revert back to the A/B/Y setup.... or just play them one at a time.
:D

I can't even imagine all of what I'll be able to do w/ this ToV and the Vox. That's something I'm really looking forward to.

never played a mesa with el34 mine always had 6L6's and the cleans never wowed me, which is why i wound up selling them and going to Vox. :love: the distortion on my Triple Rec i had and it had enough volume to make ones ears bleed which is always a turn on :thu:

there are just so many options with you setup for live situations but the worst part is lugging all that stuff to gigs two maps is hell on the back. either way i think you got a great setup on your hands there :thu:

• Members

there are just so many options with you setup for live situations but the worst part is lugging all that stuff to gigs two maps is hell on the back. either way i think you got a great setup on your hands there
:thu:

I agree. But when I start "gigging" again, I really doubt that I'd take both amps. Probably just the Mesa. Unless it's a smaller place..... then the Vox.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I traded a guy on Craigslist my Krank Rev1 for a Mesa Tremoverb. But I noticed only on the Modern gain channel theres a loud white noise (like a "SHHHHHHH" Noise) its not a hum so my ISP Decimator doesnt take it out... Is that normal or what?? Could it be the preamp?? HELP!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Been a while. Any new TOV owners? I recnetly got a '73 Twin Reverb which has some sweet Fender Cleans, but in doing some comparisons, I have to admit... My TOV has some pretty sweet cleans too. Not as bright, but definitley cool.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Mind if I join the fun!?! Just traded my H&K Trilogy for a Mesa Tremoverb Head.... :)

Mesa-TH30.jpg

I ran it as a stereo rig at a gig last Friday with my Orange TH30 head... Sounded pretty good. I'm not getting along with the Dirt on it yet. Seems a little Fizz and Dark, like it needs more body!?! Any Idea's ways I can set this amp???

Archived