OT: The OFFICIAL Mesa Tremoverb Lounge

dap99

• Members

Who's got 'em? Who's had 'em? Who want's one?

(I'm beating Crxsh to the punch before he gets his :cool:)

Mine - used to be a combo, turned it into a 4x12 1/2 stack beast. Yes, way more amp than I need, but it kills! I have to edit the pic to a smaller version, but here's a link until I do

Tremoverb

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol:

Jury's still out. I'd love to get back into a Mesa and there's a nice local Series 1 Rectoverb that I've got my eye on -- but me & the dude selling are trying to come to terms on what the deal would be. Plus, he's out of town for a week ...... so we're on hold.

It's looking like he wants my Tiny Terror & this 80's Fender 4x12 I've got .... but I might have to throw in a few bucks or something. Either way ..... MESA = :love:

• Members

I bought a brand new T-verb half stack in 1995 I believe with the wheat grill. Most beautiful amp I have ever owned. Sounded like god himself was speaking through it when played. In 1998 I was getting married and now ex-wife had money issues so I sold it. I will never get over that. Never.

• Members

I love Mesa through and through, and the T-Verb is definitely one of the best amps they ever made, too bad it has the "metal" stigma attached to it as do all Mesa's, they offer alot of great sounds.

Here's my T-Verb and company

ampsnpedalsuo7.jpg

• Members

I bought a brand new T-verb half stack in 1995 I believe with the wheat grill. Most beautiful amp I have ever owned. Sounded like god himself was speaking through it when played. In 1998 I was getting married and now ex-wife had money issues so I sold it. I will never get over that. Never.

Every now and then I struggle w/ keeping the amp b/c of it's size and money being tight. Your post is the reason I don't get rid of it. I'm pretty sure that getting rid of it would be one of the biggest regrets I'd have over a material thing.

• Members

have you or elkabong compared the TOV to the triple rectifier? I have the triple but I wonder if the tremo would be more my style...

I have. IMHO, the Tverb lays the triple rec to waste. Everything about it is better and it has more versatility even without the third channel.

• Members

YMMV but I had them side by side in a rehearsal space for a couple weeks and the Tverb did so much more and so much better than the triple rec for me. The guy that owned the triple thought so too.

if you could give actual examples instead of vague exaggerations it would be more helpful.

• Members

if you could give actual examples instead of vague exaggerations it would be more helpful.

From my experience I've like the clean channel on my tremoverb more than any other rectifiers I've played.

The "blues" mode is only found on tremoverbs and I think it's a really sweet sounding mode.

I couldn't really say it's better than a triple. I mean it's the same type of amp but the circuit is different enough that it makes me prefer the tremoverb's sound.

Triple has some more whallop though:o

• Members

From my experience I've like the clean channel on my tremoverb more than any other rectifiers I've played.

The "blues" mode is only found on tremoverbs and I think it's a really sweet sounding mode.

I couldn't really say it's better than a triple. I mean it's the same type of amp but the circuit is different enough that it makes me prefer the tremoverb's sound.

Triple has some more whallop though:o

thanks, that is quite helpful.

• Members

recorded with one on the album in my sig. all the distorted parts were from the mesa...most clean parts were with a fender deluxe reverb

great amp, didn't have much time to play with it though. actually that's not true...the "time" just happened to be costly :(

• Members

Okay Mesa guys...... help me out here.

I didn't use a whole lot of effects back when I had my 3ch. Dual Recto, so I don't know much about the FX loop. Anyway, I tried putting my Superdelay and RV-3 in the loop last night and it didn't go all that well. :lol: The levels were screwy, the RV-3 was feeding back....... WTF??

How do I run this thing? There's the FX mix on the back... do I crank this to the full 100%? And is there a level control somewhere? I'm guessing that the Output knob has something to do with it, but I'm not 100%.

Any help here would be killer.

• Members

Okay Mesa guys...... help me out here.

I didn't use a whole lot of effects back when I had my 3ch. Dual Recto, so I don't know much about the FX loop. Anyway, I tried putting my Superdelay and RV-3 in the loop last night and it didn't go all that well.
:lol:
The levels were screwy, the RV-3 was feeding back....... WTF??

How do I run this thing? There's the FX mix on the back... do I crank this to the full 100%? And is there a level control somewhere? I'm guessing that the Output knob has something to do with it, but I'm not 100%.

Any help here would be killer.

I've tried to use the effects loop when I owned my DC-10, Single Recto & F-100 heads and had the same problems your having with all three amps. :confused:

Archived