Polyphonic after touch - VAX77

MartinP268

• Members

If a device doesn't need the extra bandwidth of USB 2.0, there's no reason to implement it.

As advanced as they are making this controller out to be, it just seems a little strange that they aren't implementing the current USB spec. I'm surprised that 1.1 chipsets are even still being manufactured.

• Members

As advanced as they are making this controller out to be, it just seems a little strange that they aren't implementing the
current
USB spec. I'm surprised that 1.1 chipsets are even still being manufactured.

I think USB 1.1 device interfaces are still cheaper than the 2.0 ones. It might also be that they're using an MCU with a built-in USB serial engine that can't run at 2.0 speed. Besides, 1.1 is more than fast enough for MIDI.

• Members

What's with that one black key? The web site says it switches between programs.

That seems a bit of a dumb place to put it. If you're playing up there, it would be way to easy to mistake it for another key. Right in the middle of your great lead, you switch to a quiet pad. Oops.

• Members

What's with that one black key? The web site says it switches between programs.

That seems a bit of a dumb place to put it. If you're playing up there, it would be way to easy to mistake it for another key. Right in the middle of your great lead, you switch to a quiet pad. Oops.

Well, how different is it really from the octave of black keys on a Hammond B3/C3? Besides, if you are playing a solo that ends up on the top key, maybe it WOULD be time to change patches.....!

• Members

Also, why no one is complaining about the extreme lack of knobs? Isn't this a controller? Where are the knobs? And how the heck they plan to use this thing to control softsynths without ever touching a mouse or a keyboard?

As it is, I think it's still at the early stages, maybe Spring '08 is too ambitious IMO.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived